Hey All,
I have a Fender Highway One SSS Strat.

I wanted to know if it was possible to put an EMG in the bridge position?

What would be required, and what pickup would i need?

Thanks
It would prolly need to be routed out for a humbucker, since I believe all Fender guitars have specific pickup routs, instead of just all HSH routes like Squiers do.

You'd either have to just get one, or get more than one, since mixing passives and actives is to complex.

All new pots, jack, switch.
its like an S-EMG. i dont know the exact model.

http://www.emgpickups.com/

you're welcome

EDIT: Their Strat Pups are Stacked,.... i think..
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
Last edited by therosa69 at Jul 23, 2011,
That is just wrong...
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
EMG's prewired pickguards won't fight a Highway 1 Strat. Also I question why you want EMGs. If you want the David Gilmour tone you'll need to replace all the pickups, not just the bridge, and get the full line of EMG active tone controls. If you want to use an EMG for metal, their single ocils won't do it. They're voiced to sound like regular single coils. You'll want to take your pickguard off and check to see what the guitar is routed for. Most Fenders are routed for a humbucker in the bridge. If so, buy a HSS pickguard and install an HSS set of EMGs.
Quote by tjnolan12
That looks perfect. Thanks!

It's not. Those are EMGHZ pickups. EMG is known for their actives and those are passive. And for that price, you can get some really good singles from another maker.
yeah EMG HZ's are pretty crappy p/u's, I'd rather have stock Epi p/u's
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
All Strat nowadays are routed HSH. Just get a new pickguard and any EMG will drop right in.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by W4RP1G
It's not. Those are EMGHZ pickups. EMG is known for their actives and those are passive. And for that price, you can get some really good singles from another maker.

Have you even tried the new SRO series pickups?

They are far better than the old HZ pickups.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by W4RP1G

Nooooo!!!! The SRO series make the actives and the HZ series look bad, I've played them, and they are very good pickups for the money, trust me, they are worth it. They will get you the EMG sound without having the drawbacks of their actives or their HZ series.

And yes, it will fit the Highway One Series strat, it's a SSS pickguard, it'll fit any kind of strat shaped guitar with the same hole pattern.
But it doesn't have the same hole pattern, that's the problem. The bridge slot would need widening too for the bridge the HW1 use.

But your body can take an HSS set up so no problem. Buy an actual Fender HSS guard, that will fit exactly, and grab yourself an actual humbucker for the bridge if high output and power is what you want.
i'll look for a passive humbucker. I'm looking for one that i can use for metal (BFMV type music)

any ideas?
Quote by tjnolan12
i'll look for a passive humbucker. I'm looking for one that i can use for metal (BFMV type music)

any ideas?

Syemour Duncan JB, Invader (If strictly doing metal), or Hotrails (if you dont want to change your pickguard.
Where's Waldo?
If you just want a passive pickup for metal then the SD Hot Rails or Dimarzio Super Distortion S are good. The DM Air Norton S is better if you're not using a tube amp or if you get your distortion from pedals. DM Fat 2 is really great if you're only using a tube amp with no pedals.