So I was at GC today playing this Bugera 6262-212 and I noticed every time I switched from clean to the lead channel there was this loud, obnoxious "pop" sound.

Is this a fairly easy cheap fix? I mean, it's on clearance for $400 and if it's a cheap fix I'll pick it up. I was wondering if UG could lend it's expertise on this one.

Thanks, guys!
I dont know, but my peavey 6534+ does that if i dont let it warm up enough. if i give it 2 mins to warm up its fine
A 10M resistor across the relay contacts will often silence pops without affecting its operation. However, I have no idea what Bugera uses for switching and they don't release their schematics to the public so I can't look it up.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jul 24, 2011,
I never had that problem when I owned my 6262 212. Perhaps the tubes weren't heated enough? Or the jack for the footswitch may not have been in the whole way?
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Mopy
I never had that problem when I owned my 6262 212. Perhaps the tubes weren't heated enough? Or the jack for the footswitch may not have been in the whole way?

Perhaps. I had a guy from the store look at it and we noticed some of the prongs in the cable were a bit askew. He guy kinda fixed it. Still popped. This is one of those things where I'm really apprehensive to pull the trigger because I'm not sure if it's going to be worth the hassle.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
Perhaps. I had a guy from the store look at it and we noticed some of the prongs in the cable were a bit askew. He guy kinda fixed it. Still popped. This is one of those things where I'm really apprehensive to pull the trigger because I'm not sure if it's going to be worth the hassle.

Hmm, I recall my 6262 went through a phase of popping, although it eventually stopped by itself? Was either that, or the tube change I gave it.

For $400, I'd take it and give it a good retube and bias.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Mopy
Hmm, I recall my 6262 went through a phase of popping, although it eventually stopped by itself? Was either that, or the tube change I gave it.

For $400, I'd take it and give it a good retube and bias.

I'm hoping so. I play in a ska-punk band so I'm always switching channels and that popping is going to get real old real fast. If I switched out tubes, would rebiasing be absolutely necessary? Because I know on my ValveKing I didn't need a rebias.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I'm hoping so. I play in a ska-punk band so I'm always switching channels and that popping is going to get real old real fast. If I switched out tubes, would rebiasing be absolutely necessary? Because I know on my ValveKing I didn't need a rebias.

Burgera's not renowned for their biasing skills.
So it would be a good idea.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3