I am thinking about trading in my Ibanez RG and my Bich Masterpiece for an ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 Silver Sunburst. Does anyone think this is a good idea, and or fair trade? I played it at the store and it sounded good, especially for being plugged into a shitty amp..but I am into this guitar. Bad idea? Or good? I just want some insight if it is worth it.
Yes, but if you need a new amp first. Honestly from my experience, and I'm not trying to down on you, but most players starting out think about getting great guitars, when in fact, what they need is a decent quality amp. I think it wasn't a smart move on whoevers decision it was to get a guitar with a Floyd as your second guitar, as I read you've only been playing 5 months. Unfortunately you're kinda stuck here as if you do the trade, you will have one guitar, which means one tuning at a time, and you can't trade for an amp because you will have no guitar. I'd say do it anyway though, and then SAVE FOR A NEW AMP. Because ultimately, that is what will give you what I'm assuming you're looking for.
Well it was my decision to get the floyd rose guitar. I was curious about owning one with a tremolo. I found out that I don't like it at all. I have an amp, it is decent at best. I know I haven't been playing for long, but I don't think I am doing bad for only 5 months. I still have a shit load to learn yes, and I notice changes in my playing each time I practice. The thing is, I don't want to stick with the floyd rose. So I am planning on getting rid of it no matter what, and my bich master piece is not that great. I could definitely save up for a new amp and get one that sounds good and I can be happy with, but as far as the trading in for the guitar goes. I know if I get one and only have one. I am getting one with a fixed bridge, that I can tune without the long process that a floyd rose requires. I also plan on customizing it in the future as well. So I could live with one amp and guitar for a while, until the times comes where I have enough money and playing experience to upgrade.
Last edited by ishredwithnubs at Jul 24, 2011,
Well the EC is actually string thru, which in my opinion doesn't have as much tuning stability as a hardtail. But in the long run, it will be very beneficial to have a good guitar. But don't expect it to sound much different than your ibanez, even with EMG's and being a set neck. The amp is where most of your tone comes from.
Well aside from the Ibanez's sound it's the tremolo I can't take anymore. So even if the ESP sounds only as good as the Ibanez. Then that is fine, but yes that is true. Most of the tone comes from the amp. Which is what I am planning on saving up for.
Oh yeah, just to be clear: The EC will definitely SOUND better than the Ibanez, but you won't be able to tell without a good amp is what I was getting at, just to be clear.
Quote by LostKeys
Well the EC is actually string thru, which in my opinion doesn't have as much tuning stability as a hardtail.

The EC-1000 is a hardtail, and a good one at that. TonePros Locking system...
Where's Waldo?
When I picked it up at the shop the other day I noticed the locking tuners, so wouldn't that give better tuning stability?
Quote by ishredwithnubs
When I picked it up at the shop the other day I noticed the locking tuners, so wouldn't that give better tuning stability?

Yes, the Sperzels on the EC are really nice, should stay in tune almost perfectly.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32

The EC-1000 is a hardtail, and a good one at that. TonePros Locking system...

Oh my bad I didn't notice it, I just looked at a picture of it.
Quote by LostKeys
Oh my bad I didn't notice it, I just looked at a picture of it.

It's pretty obvious in any picture it's hard tail...
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by chadreed32
Yes, the Sperzels on the EC are really nice, should stay in tune almost perfectly.

They're not Sperzels, just regular ESP locking tuners. Sperzels probably come on the real ESP Eclipse.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
They're not Sperzels, just regular ESP locking tuners. Sperzels probably come on the real ESP Eclipse.

Older models had Sperzels

Guess they downgraded now...
Where's Waldo?
Quote by DamagingExcess
It's pretty obvious in any picture it's hard tail...

So am I going to be flamed for the short time this thread is up, because I had a slight error in my judgement? Please..
Quote by LostKeys
So am I going to be flamed for the short time this thread is up, because I had a slight error in my judgement? Please..

Try not being so sensitive when you've made an error? For god's sake just say 'oh jeeze didnt realize' and go on with your day, he wasn't flaming you
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
Try not being so sensitive when you've made an error? For god's sake just say 'oh jeeze didnt realize' and go on with your day, he wasn't flaming you

If you read my first post to the other guy, I did? Here let me quote myself so you don't have to pretend to go read it, "Oh sorry, didn't notice, just looked at a picture of it." Then someone else says it's blatantly obvious as if you would have to be a total fool as to not realize it. I wasn't saying he'll flame me, I was amused at how ridiculous people can be. Sorry for sounding like an arse I suppose.
Quote by chadreed32
Older models had Sperzels

Guess they downgraded now...

Yeah, like two years ago.