I've been needing a new amp for a while now (if you read my sig you'll know why), and it's coming to a point financially where I can really start working out what I am going to get.

For a couple of years now I've been looking at getting a Vox AC30. Almost every artist I listen to uses one, and I see them as being the perfect basis for my tone.

But what other options are there? A Fender Twin Reverb is probably out of my price range, and I'd like my amp to get a little dirtier than that anyway. What amps have got good cleans?

I play indie and post-punk, and I usually keep my amp pretty clean, with maybe a touch of dirt. I have pedals that I can rely on for overdriven tones if there's an amp that's perfect in every way but can't break up.

I want to try to spend less than $1500 AUD, but more if necessary. I will be buying new. This amp will hopefully last me for the rest of my playing years, so please don't suggest anything that will fall to pieces in a few weeks, or that is clearly a beginners model.

Thanks!
Fender American Special Telecaster w/ Bigsby
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III Red October Edition
Anyone?
Fender MIM Jaguar
Digitech Whammy-->Korg Pitchblack Poly-->Dunlop Cry Baby-->Danelectro Pastrami Overdrive-->EHX Big Muff Pi-->Joyo Digital Delay
The AC30 is a popular choice for indie/alternative, they have some great dirts when cranked up. If you needed a bit more distortion for rock a boost pedal will take it fine.
Any chance you can try one?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I've tried the AC30 a number of times now, in both blue alnico and greenback speaker forms. I'm just hoping that someone can recommend another amp that I might want to try out.

Another amp that I was thinking of was a Fender Blues Junior. But, when I tried it out, it seemed like it didn't have enough power behind it to get heard through my band. And I couldn't get very good cleans through it when I cranked it up
Fender MIM Jaguar
Maybe a Fender Hot Rod? The new III's apparently have better cleans with more headroom, except the dirt channel is pretty average, you can compensate for that though with a dist. pedal.
If you have a bit more to spend maybe an Orange combo? Either the rocker or the thunderverb would be good. However a bit of your budget.

But if you like the AC30 why not just get that?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"