I have this guitar (FX400)

And the front strap button is located too high. I want to move it down near the neck area, which would fix neck-diving issues.

But would drilling that hole back there to put a new strap button in ruin the re-sell value of this axe?

Thanks.
Last edited by fixationdarknes at Jul 24, 2011,
LTD's don't have a reputation of high re-sale value anyway, if you plan on keeping the guitar just do it. a guitar is no good for you, if it isn't fit for purpose.
some guitars
some amps
some pedals
some crabs
Quote by Mech-cannibal
LTD's don't have a reputation of high re-sale value anyway, if you plan on keeping the guitar just do it. a guitar is no good for you, if it isn't fit for purpose.

+1
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If the guitar has a bolt on neck, you can replace one of the neck screws with a longer one that has a strap button on it.
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Dont move it down, move it to the back right on the heel. Its the best way to get an explorer to not neck dive.

Wait what? Can you explain that again, to me your description sounds like what I drew in my OP
^Well, if I know my LTD EX anatomy then you should have the arrow pointing 30-40° to the right instead of straight down if you're moving the button onto the heel. I think that's what he meant.
Quote by Pikka Bird
^Well, if I know my LTD EX anatomy then you should have the arrow pointing 30-40° to the right instead of straight down if you're moving the button onto the heel. I think that's what he meant.

Wouldn't moving it to the right (more toward the body) make it less balanced than just moving it directly down to the heel?
^No no, the heel isn't directly downwards in relation to the current placement. Moving it down and to the right (in your picture, left if you're actually looking at it from the back) would put it more in the direction of the headstock, which is the direction the neck heel is in. Moving it straight down from where it is now would not change neck/ass balance of the instrument at all (physics, it's the law), it'd just change how inclined it'd be to tilt forwards when you're playing standing up.
I've just done this on my EX-400 (same shape). Put it straight into the heel, completely fixed the neck diving. was a two second job with a drill and a screw driver. Bada-bing-bada-boom