I always half-jokingly read the "SILICA GEL: DO NOT EAT" warning as "SILICA GEL DONUT: EAT"
Quote by ascend
I always half-jokingly read the "SILICA GEL: DO NOT EAT" warning as "SILICA GEL DONUT: EAT"

I always thought you throw these out, quite often it says: "THROW AWAY. DO NOT EAT" (I threw mine out lol)
I would imagine these would lead to excess dryness in colder climates/months which can in turn lead to static charges due to excessive dryness on the guitar body. Unless you live in a real humid climate, there's no need. Often these are simply for shipping purposes to ensure that the guitar is not exposed to excessive humidity during shipping (containers, trucks, damp warehousing etc)
i leave them in empty cases. probably doesn't matter either way,
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i leave them in empty cases. probably doesn't matter either way,

Necro bump.

I love that Privot diuche. Got banned for being a dumbass who tried to imitate a troll when he got called out for being a tard....
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
For a second there, I thought he was back.

Ah, the glory days.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"