Hey! Been a while since I have been on here, but I'd like to share one of my new songs. Its called "Funk Ya". Feel free to leave a link, and Ill give a crit back

http://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Sollins.Music
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
I like this, this is really good, I'm not much of a instrumental soloist guy, but this actually works really well, cause it's not just pointless shred the whole time, the lead actually harmonizes with the song. I like the dynamics of the song too, the build ups and build downs are nicely placed. The guitar tone is excellent for a lead tone, not too heavy on the effects, sitting just right in the mix.

Nice job, keep it up man. Thanks for the crit btw
This is for Funk Ya

Damn! That is some tasty guitar!

If I had to criticize something, it's that your timing was a tad bit off when you were doing the muffled strings at the intro. But then you actually started playing and all was forgiven.

Anyways, this sounds great! I'm not sure if I liked that shred bit at 2:04. It sounds like you're a versatile guitarist. Have you ever considered joining a heavy metal band? Or any band at all? There is a band somewhere out there that needs your skills badly.

Keep up the good work, hope this helped.

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461784
Sounds great, you're soloing is awesome. Very tastefull phrasing too.
Flawless technical playing, without sounding complex for the sake of complexity.
The theme that started at 1:14 is absolutely beautiful, by far my favourite passage.
The only thing that I didn't like were the backing chords, the rhythm got very repetitive after a while, I am sure you can come up with something that compliments your soloing more. Maybe replace the sound by Piano, something more calm and less noticable, but maybe it's just a personal preference.
Overall this piece is brilliant.
You need to get this out there!!
May I ask who/what inspired this piece musically?
I am off to listen to your other material, I am really hoping it's as awesome as this song.

Would you mind checking out my cover of Iridescent by Linkin Park:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463223
Thanks for the comments! Aeolian: I am in a few groups haha. Ara: were you talking about during the verse? I agree, I think a different bass line could really make it better And its hard to pin exactly who inspired me, I think its a combination of all the music I listen to .
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Quote by The2abraxis
Thanks for the comments! Aeolian: I am in a few groups haha. Ara: were you talking about during the verse? I agree, I think a different bass line could really make it better And its hard to pin exactly who inspired me, I think its a combination of all the music I listen to .

Yes I mean the bassline, everything else is flawless.
Thanks for checking out my cover.
Btw did you mean more volume by 'stronger', or averal quality?
And is there anything in particular that made you dislike the vocals
Good stuff, i'm liking the feel of this track. One of my first thoughts was the effects, maybe lay off the reverb just a little? It seems to make everything sound a little TOO 'spacey'. Other than that the production sounded ace on my headphones.

The rhythm section does get a little repetitive but it's obvious the focus is the lead guitar anyway, which doesn't fail to keep things interesting. Excellent guitar playing, i'm loving the sound of it and i especially like the ending when it's fading out, on the bits with the pinched harmonics and whatnot [3:00 - end]. Goes from laid back to quite emotional so a good use of dynamics there.

Can't really think of anything for you to significantly improve here to be honest. If it was my track i'd just change up the drums and bassline a little throughout the track to eliminate repetitiveness but yeah it sounds fine as it is. Good work!

Thanks for the crit on my track too