Wrote/recorded this in a good 3 hours or so of screwing around with a djent-y patch for Pod Farm I came across, first time I've ever done anything like this, my stuffs usually alt. rock/punk stuff. I went for an overall really drawn out, slow feel and the solo was one take, just random shit to fill background space hahaha

Drums are EZDrummer, guitars are Pod Farm, bass is programmed.

Newer mix:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5496529/dropc24_11.mp3

Older:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5496529/DROPCJAM.mp3
Last edited by Drummerrrrr? at Jul 25, 2011,
Try click a few seconds into the track, DropBox can get a little dodgy sometimes
If not, you should be able to download it fine!
I really like it! Some parts could use a little more intensity or something i don't know.
btw where did you get the djent-pack?
thats a really nice metal tone!
wouldn't really call it djent though, sounds more chilled doom metal, and even kinda grungy, to me.
i can certainly see the potential in this song, especially if this was for one of those more heavy alternative bands, so i recommend that you really develop the ideas in this and make it into more of a song than just a jam!

mind checking out my song? jazz influenced by metal haha (normally its the other way around!)
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1460417
Cheers for the comments!
Yeah it's not very djenty but it originally started with a more djenty feel and I wasn't sure what genre it would come under by the time it had taken shape.

Quote by ashley7000
I really like it! Some parts could use a little more intensity or something i don't know.
btw where did you get the djent-pack?

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208808/
That's the patch, I did very minimal editing

I've got another mix of the song, redid the solo but kept a bit of a sketchy vibe to it and touched up some of the levels if anyone's interested:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5496529/dropc24_11.mp3
Yeah, it's more of the chill doom metal side. I like this instrumental, I think you'd be good at this particular sound. You should attempt at an album, preferably a concept album because of the atmosphere in this. It can really be brought on to other songs of an album to create like some intense settings and then into this real mellow ending. I love this solo too, you got some soul, man

C4C Under A Frail Aegis in my sig?
Hahaha not sure if I'd be ready to take something like that on, I definitely lack the persistence to sit and write based off one concept. It's definitely an idea though, thanks for listening and I left a comment on your song

If anyone has anything to say regarding the production that'd be tops!
Last edited by Drummerrrrr? at Jul 26, 2011,
ok COOL intro, nice sound.

right now it's sounding like you EQed all the bass out? OK GUITAR RIFF, interesting flow of events here, drums... AND GO!!! OH FUN, a very beauts wash of sound coming throw, im floating away on the beach, a grey beach! REALLY nice solo coming in, WICKED tone this is a very nice SOUNDSCAPE, it'd be cool to hear some very Verbed out vocals just flying around. THAT SOLO IS A SCREAMER! She's doin good back there, I like when it starts to get funkified.

Production is very nice, it lets all the ideas come through. The only thing is I get a bit sick of that rhythm guitar just hammering out its pattern over n over, just EQ it differently halfway through for a bit and that'd be awesome!!

return the luv, my bruv

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1464675

sub on the YT and they will too

<34 luvu
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Yeah, I might drop a little bass in the intro to fill it up a tad more and I've been thinking how I could maybe change up the rhythm guitars towards the end. Thanks for checking it out!
i dig the song, a little repetitious but i like the solo, its a good jam and the far out panning job is pretty slick. i have some big speakers set far apart so i got the full psychedelic experience. in my only real piece of crit, i like the bass but i personally would've brought the mid's or highs up on it to make it pop out more, i know you said the bass is programmed but yeah just my 2 cents.
Did you double track the melody line/solo? It could use some bring out I think... The grove got a whole lot sicker.. Much better than the last version.

Put in a vibraslap!!!!!!!!
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by z4twenny
i dig the song, a little repetitious but i like the solo, its a good jam and the far out panning job is pretty slick. i have some big speakers set far apart so i got the full psychedelic experience. in my only real piece of crit, i like the bass but i personally would've brought the mid's or highs up on it to make it pop out more, i know you said the bass is programmed but yeah just my 2 cents.

I'd really like to crank the bass but my bass needs new strings and can't handle drop C properly =/ I've definitely gotta get around to working on my bass sound when I have a decent instrument to work with, I'm starting to find out just how hard it is to mix compared to guitar!

Quote by bastards
Did you double track the melody line/solo? It could use some bring out I think... The grove got a whole lot sicker.. Much better than the last version.

Put in a vibraslap!!!!!!!!

I haven't double tracked as it was a one take improvisation except for the first 30 seconds or so but I might go back and try double track a few parts to bring it out a bit more. Thanks man

Vibraslap?

Challenge accepted.
Last edited by Drummerrrrr? at Jul 26, 2011,
Cool shit man. Sounds Hendrix-y to me.

I like the groove and the atmosphere that this song creates. Your timing on the guitar was a little sloppy, and the tone gets pretty muddy when you play anything other than single notes, but the riff and the solo is bad ass.

I'm liking the fuzz at the end on the song, but I'm disliking the general lack of vocals and the fact that it's pretty much the same riff over and over again.

Awesome work. Hope this helps.

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461784
Quote by Drummerrrrr?

I haven't double tracked as it was a one take improvisation except for the first 30 seconds or so but I might go back and try double track a few parts to bring it out a bit more. Thanks man

Vibraslap?

Challenge accepted.

YESSSSSSSSSSS

That was nice for an improv broski. The same thing happened for the first part of Camden, originally it was going to start right on the dive bomb, but the juice was a flowin' and I had this 2 part solo
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Thanks for checking my song; I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond!

I really liked the intro but was totally expecting a big smack in the face when everything came in instead of a pretty high energy build up to a mellow part. Over all I thought the song was cool, but its definitely not my cup of tea. I think the production fits the post-rock vibe pretty well. The guitars sounded a bit pitchy time to time, but I assume that's because you're guitar isn't usually set up for a drop tuning or you've got really loose strings.

Keep it up!