Hi!
My friend and I decided to, after ~1 year of playing individually, start playing for reals!
But, we still can't find drummer and bassist.
All we have of gear are 2 guitar amplifiers and 2 guitars, and I'll be getting Shure sm57 mic for singing.
We want to use backing track to get drums until we find the drummer.

Now, since I never worked with mics, how to get a decent sound out of it?
Is there a software or something?
Or I just connect mic to PC and scream into it?
Btw, we'll be playing early Metallica stuff - for now.
"On a microscopic level, these tiny, sharp particles move through your system, attracting everything from bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals."

\m/\m/
Damn, if only you were in croatia...cant get decent gigs here.Just get a Mix board, you can even connect it to your guitar amplifier, at least i can to mine.
What I use for home recording is a Pod Studio GX. I think I got mine for about $70. You can plug a guitar or a mic with a 1/4" output into it, and it plugs into a USB port, and it also has a monitor output. It comes with Pod Farm effects software, and as long as you're running it on a half decent computer, will play with no delay.

My typical way of recording is to synthesize a drum track (It also comes with Live Lite, which you can do that with if you can create a midi drum track), and record guitar, bass, and vocals over it in Audacity.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Ok, thanks!
So what do you think about something like this http://www.amazon.com/Line-BackTrack-Guitar-Riff-Recorder/dp/B001ELJTD8 ?

Using that, will I be able to hear my singing loud enough on a speaker?
Or it's just raw recording?
"On a microscopic level, these tiny, sharp particles move through your system, attracting everything from bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals."

\m/\m/
Last edited by metallicafréak at Jul 26, 2011,