Okay, so I need some help. I've got two issues I need to deal with."if it helps, I'm using Cubase software that came with a Lexicon Lambda Digital Recording Studio which is connected to my Yamaha PSR E413 keyboard by a cord"

Problem 1

Whenever I've recorded something from my keyboard to my computer it sounds totally fine, but when I play it back on the computer you can still hear the track playing but It emits this static-like sound that not only is annoying but really takes away from the music. I read somewhere that a sound card (which I lack) can fix the static issue, but I just wanted to be sure before I go out and spend eighty bucks on a sound card that won't fix my problems

problem 2

I've noticed over the static, that my tracks aren't syched up together as the song progresses. at first I thought it was me recording too slow, but now I know it isn't. this is a problem that has to be fixed.

if anyone out there can help me, I would appreciate it.
Last edited by metallicafoevaa at Jul 24, 2011,
The static could possibly be clipping. Try turning down the output of the keyboard.

Not sure what the DRS is in Lexicon Lambda, but I had a Lexicon Lambda for 5 years and it was a great sound card/audio interface for me. So you shouldn't have lag issues unless you are on a pretty old computer.
Could also be the computer struggling to play back the high-quality sound - mine does it occasionally. After exporting it, it sounds fine.
Sync issues and static... Sounds like a clock problem. Make sure your interface is set to the same sample rate (either 44.1 or 48kHz) and bit depth as your DAW. Or, if you're recording at 48kHz, your computer may not be able to output at 48, and is lagging or giving static.
Or it could be a buffering issue. Try increasing latency?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.