Most of you probably don't know who Neil Boshart is, so I'll let you know: he's the guitarist in a Canadian post-hardcore band, Silverstein. They're my favorite band, much, much more than Attack Attack! Don't let the signature fool you, it was a social experiment.

Anyway.

So he has a signature guitar from BC Rich, and it's $900. Not too bad, here are the specs:

CONSTRUCTION: Neck Through
BODY WOOD: Mahogany
TOP STYLE: Archtop
TOP WOOD: 1/2" Maple cap with Koa Veneer
BODY BINDING: Cream
HEADSTOCK STYLE: 3-to-a-Side Traditional
HEADSTOCK COLOR: Natural Rosewood Faced
TUNERS: Grover ® Super Rotomatic
NECK WOOD: Mahogany
FRETBOARD: Ebony
INLAY: Cloud
FRETS: 22 jumbo
SCALE: 24 5/8
BRIDGE TYPE: TonePros ® Tune-o-Matic
PICKUPS: Seymour Duncan SH-2 (Neck) and SH-4 (Bridge)
HARDWARE: Chrome
FINISH: Natural

It's made in Korea, I've seen several photos of different Mockingbirds of this model, and they all say Made in Korea. The neck-thru is a 3 piece neck.

Now, the only guitar I can find that's close to this one that's currently in production is the Mockingbird Exotic Classic:

CONSTRUCTION: Neck Through (3 piece neck)
BODY WOOD: Mahogany
TOP STYLE: Beveled
TOP WOOD: Spalted Maple
HEADSTOCK STYLE: 3-to-a-Side Traditional
HEADSTOCK COLOR: Color Matched
HEADSTOCK BINDING: Cream
TUNERS: B.C. Rich Diecast
NECK WOOD: Maple
NECK BINDING: Cream
FRETBOARD: Ebony
INLAY: Cloud
FRETS: 24 jumbo
SCALE: 24 5/8
BRIDGE TYPE: Tune-O-Matic w/ Stop Bar
PICKUPS: Rockfield Mafia
CONTROLS: two volumes, one tone and one 3 way toggle

Major differences are the finish, lack of maple top and koa veneer, the tuners, the bridge and number of frets.

The Neil Boshart signature is only $900, while the Exotic Classic is $700. The Neil Boshart Mockingbird seems like a way better deal. Has anyone played one of these? I'm really interested, because $900 for those specs AND being a signature, is pretty cheap.

Also, does BC Rich use real mahogany, or is it probably Nato-mahogany for both guitars?
i'm guessing nato
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?