Which way are you supposed to bend them? Up toward your head, or down toward your feet? I tend to find myself bending the bottom two strings up (for obvious reasons) and the rest down. Is this incorrect?

Thanks in advance.
up towards your feet
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
really though, you do it the same way i do
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Thinner 3 up, thicker 3 down is the traditional way. Doesn't matter too much though, so long as the string isn't coming off the fretboard.
your doing it right, if your having trouble, keep at it until your fingertips are burning then again and again until it doesnt make you squeal every time you bend
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by SideshowBob180
Thinner 3 up, lower 3 down is the traditional way. Doesn't matter too much though, so long as the string isn't coming off the fretboard.

I was coming here to post this exact thing.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Both, I think that they produce different sounds, because your fingers pull and push with different motions. Obviously, it doesn't work with the top and bottom strings.

For me, bending down gives me a slower rise in pitch and a quicker release whereas bending up has the opposite effect.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by SideshowBob180
Thinner 3 up, thicker 3 down is the traditional way. Doesn't matter too much though, so long as the string isn't coming off the fretboard.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?