Page 1 of 2
I would like to build a directory of UGers who offer pedal-modding, etc. services for the community webzine, UG Amplified.

Does anyone offer a regular, paid or unpaid, service for anything gear-related?

If you do, please state:

• a brief list of services
  • how long you've been doing it
Last edited by blue_strat at Jul 24, 2011,
Good idea.

No doubt established modders also have examples of their work on their profile or website.
I do light guitar modification, such as hardware and wiring. Been doing it for a few years, and have some pretty solid soldering skills, and have done some unique wiring set ups. I also do full guitar set ups on everything but double locking tremolo guitars.

I also modify solid state amps, mainly just upgrading the parts and changing out OP amps to make the amp sound better overall. I have good experience in doing this and am fairly confident in my skills.

I work out of my house in Cedar Park, Texas, I'm willing to do things for free, it's just you have to pay for any parts for your projects.

You can email me at ethanhanus@yahoo.com if you are interested in me doing anything for you.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Oct 4, 2011,
I'm sure if it's going to be helpful to people, it'll be alright
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

- shotrodguitarworks.com
- i offer variety of pedal and amp building. I build kits and known amps to the clients' specs. I also make my own design of amplifiers. I've been working on repairing guitars, but I can only do the electronics part well. the wood working part is still in the works.
- i've been doing this since '07, i'm a fourth year electrical engineering student in college.
- also if you want to have a chat about amplifier design, such as the build itself, tips and tricks, what to use for the general ballpark of a "tweed" tone or a "blackface" tone, etc. you can inquire for free and as long as I have time to reply, i will.
- amplifier and pedal modification is "contact first and we'll see if i can do it" basis, but I have experience with modifying vox and dunlop wah wah pedals, repaired a destroyed vintage phase 100, restored a modified (broken) boss DS-1, repaired a broken fender blues jr, etc.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Contact: Get in touch with me here on UG. Send me a PM, I usually check them every day or every few days.
Services:
Amp repair, modification and building.
Guitar Pedal repair, modification, and building (Including surface mount pedals if I can get the correct parts for modifications or repairs).

Some services are just the cost of shipping and parts to do, while others like a full blown build, or any amp work I have a small charge for. Contact me and I'll come up with a quote for things.

How Long: 10 years. I was taught to solder by my grandpa at 7 and have ever since worked on electronics. I've taken on guitar projects for that long though. I also work as an electrical engineer so I have access to all sorts of equipment that can be useful in tracking down a tough problem.
I'd love to offer my information as I'm trying to keep myself financially afloat with amp tech/effects modding work, but I really need a few more years experience first
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Quote by GABarrie
I'd love to offer my information as I'm trying to keep myself financially afloat with amp tech/effects modding work, but I really need a few more years experience first

i think as long as you know what youre doing you can list it, but be honest with experience and have prices that reflect it!

i think there are plenty of people who would like to spend less money on simple jobs and might consider you over a more seasoned guy that may charge more
Last edited by xadioriderx at Jul 24, 2011,
well, if you think so ryan...

Services: Amp and pedal repair and modding, Pedal building.

How Long: 1 Year, Really only just starting out, however I am quite knowledgeable and skilled and my prices reflect my amount of experience so you can get great good quality work without the price tag.
Ibanez WD7 Wah
website and/or contact means for contact straight v.shred@yahoo.com or https://www.facebook.com/VMSinc

a brief list of services: fret scalloping, guitar rewiring (complex wirings as well) guitar setup, moding (hardware replacement). Pedal building, pedal repair, etc.

how long you've been doing it for more than 3 years already

I'm one of the very few people doing this in here.
Quote by Invader Jim
i'm on the fence about whether i should post here...

im fairly new here, but ive seen you around quite a bit, and youve been here a long time. like i told gabbster above, if it were ME and i needed something basic, i would maybe not look for the super experienced or confident guys who do this all the time and A - might charge more or B - have better more productive things to do for themselves. i would probably look for someone that is confident in doing just those basic things.
that being said i have no idea what you do or how well
but i think you should do it, just be honest with yourself about your abilities, only do what youre really confident with, and honest to others about it too and no harm can be done by posting it!
alright well lemme see.

I build and mod pedals. I could probably repair them as well, depending on how complex they are. I'm not comfortable with complex stuff like delays and most flangers/choruses. So far people have only wanted distortions or wahs. I also have a possible dyna-comp commission in the works. Not too cofortable with amps, though.

i also do guitar wiring. I've done some pretty crazy wirings in my day so i shouldn't have a problem with doing complex wiring.

I've been dong this stuff seriously for about 6 years, but started closer to 11 years ago. price is around 10 bucks an hour labor plus cost of parts.

contact me on UG or 6stringsamurai7 at gmail.
Griffin Effects

•location - Kennewick, Washington
•website and/or contact means - http://griffineffects.goshopper.net
•a brief list of services - Modifying, custom builds, and repair of mostly guitar pedals but I do work on amps and guitars occasionally.
•how long you've been doing it -

Edit: Building pedals since 1999.
Modifying and repairing pedals since 1991 (officially). Unofficially since 198? I can't remember. Mid to late 80's though.
Last edited by Griffin Effects at Jul 26, 2011,
Originally Posted by GABarrie
well, if you think so ryan...

Services: Amp and pedal repair and modding, Pedal building.

Ha, I'm doing Elec. Engineering at the Uni! Whilst I'm fairly competent with electronics, I'm too lazy to do other people's work. I'll redirect them to you

EDIT: I even know a few people that went to the same school as you! - small world
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Jul 26, 2011,
  • location - Leicester
  • website and/or contact means - personal message on UG, I frequently check, atleast once a day, my blackberry lets me go on whenver I want
  • a brief list of services - Jem type swirls, and painting
  • how long you've been doing it - over a year

Picture took of the guitar just two hours after painting, needed to wait a week for it to fully dry and put the lacquer.. I have no pics atm of the finished guitar, but will add some

Last edited by haha5940 at Jul 26, 2011,
Services: wiring new electronics/mods to your current electronics. installing new pickups, mods such as changing of tuners, nuts, electronics, pickguards etc
Prices: pretty damned cheap

been doing it for about a year now
I'll be using dates, so taking "a year" to be "since 2010", etc.

Is that accurate enough for what you've all given?
Contact means: P.M. on here or email at rocknrolltilldeath at yahoo. Email is best.
Services: Guitar repair, setup, and most modifications. I can do amp repairs and maintenance.
I've been working on guitars since the start of 2010 and working on amps since around november of 2010.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
Quote by Emperor's Child
Ha, I'm doing Elec. Engineering at the Uni! Whilst I'm fairly competent with electronics, I'm too lazy to do other people's work. I'll redirect them to you

EDIT: I even know a few people that went to the same school as you! - small world

Heh, sure thing mate, I need the income :p
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by blue_strat
I'll be using dates, so taking "a year" to be "since 2010", etc.

Is that accurate enough for what you've all given?
yeah sounds good enough

btw, lovely job youre doing on the webzine, though i only found it cuz of this thread. perhaps organise to have it advertised in all the forums for a month or so, because alot of people rarely visit the pit. i take a toolbar link straight to GB&C so usually miss it completely.

Services: Set up, Fret work (re-crown,level,re-fret), guitar electronics, Mods, Guitar builds, Amp repair (tube amps only)

How long?: 5 yrs K.L.T. Guitar research

I garantee all my work, and that you will get Fast, Professional service at the lowest prices possible.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A couple people I know occasionally give me a bit of money to give their guitars set-ups. Nothing else apart from that though, considered posting something on gumtree though.
If any one in the Belfast area of NI wants a set-up done, they can fire me a PM I suppose. Though I'm not really comfortable doing anything more than a basic set-up on a strangers guitar.
Hey all

London England

Removed By mod

Can produce custom effects pedals and or modify them, currently bringing out a range of boutique pedals. I can also help source hard to find parts as we use quite a few in the pedals we build.

Been designing pedals for over 3 years.

James
bigbitefx, for now I have removed your info from the post above. Once you've shown that you didn't join just to advertise, by posting and contributing to the UG community, we can edit it back in. Please don't think I'm being an asshole because I'm not. Normally when someone joins and their first post is advertising they get banned right away. I'm not gonna ban you and give you a chance to be a part of our community. Welcome to UG.
Hmmm...

I'm the amateur guitar setup guy, specializing with Floyd Rose bridges, but I work with others just as easily.
Almost all my friends come to me for a setup (action, intonation, bridge leveling, etc.) I've been doing my own guitar setup work for a couple of years now and friends' for around a year.

Learned soldering by working on my amplifier over the past year or so as well so I'm able to do guitar wiring/shielding at a decent level.

Southwest Virginia/Northeast Tennessee. I do stuff for free but I'd like to start charging like $15-20 per setup
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Rage Effects
I do everything from basic restringing to full out mods that can include routing of the body (ie: routing out a strat to fit a floyd rose). Been doing it since 05'.. Worked at a few different music stores before going on my own about 1 1/2 years ago. Should really think about getting before and afters of my work though, I only have a few. Also have 5 guitar builds under my belt.
I haven't done any building/modding/repairs for anyone over UG before, but I've done quite a bit locally through music stores and kijiji/craigslist.. might as well put something here

James Bothwell
I live in the Toronto Area during the summer, but go to school in London, ON with regular trips back and forth. So I'm able to get to either city as well as anywhere in between

I do a little bit of everything- any type of electric guitar repairs or mods and minor acoustic repairs/mods (minor as in setups/converting to acoustic/electric)

My main work is building, repairing and modding effects. I've done a small amount of custom work, as well as several clones
I also do a lot of guitar wiring. again, custom or just standard

I've also done minor repairs and mods on amps
Shark Inlay

Services: Custom inlaid fretboards, guitar bodies, covers (truss rod, trim, control, pickguards), and control knobs.
Time in Business: 11 years.
Toronto area, Ontario, Canada

Wiring mods/general wiring (guitars only).
Guitar customization.
Guitar builds.

Will do wiring jobs for low to no cost depending on the work needed done, will do customization and building (on a contact-first basis).

Wiring - since 08
Building - since '10

Will be getting a website up sometime in the next year or so hopefully, can PM me for help though.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Jinxed Custom

Contacts: ashley.ace.carson [at] gmail.com
Services: Building custom gear, designing circuitry, repairing virtually anything including some instrument works.
Experience: been around electronics for 16 years, doing guitar related stuff for about five years.

I doubt that helps though, having the location in mind :P
Last edited by Ace Carson at Oct 4, 2011,
Page 1 of 2