i was all ready to click add to basket for an emg 81 to throw in the bridge when i realised a 9v battery will not fit into my guitars cavity, so, i don't want to have to have a chunk of wood taken out so im wondering what passive alternatives there are?

i play a dean ml 79 mahogany body, maple top, rosewood fretboard and a set in neck

i know the amp is the main factor in sound, but im going for a thick dark but not muddy sound, think along the lines of cradle's her ghost in the fog that kinda sound
Got for some bare knuckles man, some of the best passive pickups for metal!
Well when I was in your position I actually taped the batteries to the back of the plate.
Interesting - This is probably the first instance I've heard of with EMGs where the battery doesn't fit in the control cavity. If they could fit in my SG, I figured they'd fit in anything
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
It's pretty easy to use a router...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Just get some nice passives, EMGs are meh anyway
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
yh, what kinda piclup do you what used on dissections storm of the lights bane? its a wonderful tone and i know its down to the jcm 900 and production but still what pickup?
Quote by razorback91
yh, what kinda piclup do you what used on dissections storm of the lights bane?

Huh??

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I was talking to a respectable guitar tech in my area about this a while ago for my flying V.

we came to the conclusion that the best otions were to route out a battery cavity (which i did) or add a small velcro pouch to an edge of the guitar where its out of the way.

so for me it wouldve been the top edge of the Vin from of where i rest my arm.

he said hes done it before and it worked really well and the owner of the guitar loved it

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
It's pretty easy to use a router...

and pretty easy to f*** up too. for example, if the TS runs the router ther wrong way in comparison with the wood grain, BAM runaway router, that will leave unwanted areas routed.
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Jul 25, 2011,
Quote by MatrixClaw
Huh??

sorry i was tired at the time, i meant what pickup would jon have used? 500t? he played a flying V and LP so i assume it would be that or actives.

which would work best ina mahogany guitar? painkiller or aftermath?
Last edited by razorback91 at Jul 25, 2011,