I have a Line 6 Lowdown solid state amp head. On the back it says 1 cabinet 4 ohms two cabinets 8 ohms only. I have 2 Ampeg 8 ohm cabinets does that mean I have to always plug in both cabinets every time i want to use my Lowdown head. I would like to only use one cabinet plugged in most of the time. If I only plug in one cabinet at a time could this damage either the head or the cabinets. Or do I have to get a 4 ohm cabitnet if i want to only use one cabinet at a time.

Thanks.
you can also use 1 8ohm cab, 1 4ohm cab or 2 8ohm cabs. it doesn't matter. You just cant go below 4 ohms total.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Usually, solid-state amps will have a minimal load (apparently 4 Ohms in your case), but will handle bigger loads (like an 8 Ohm cab) fine, though you'll lose output.

The jacks are likely connected in parallel, which means two 8Ohm cabs will equal a load of 4 Ohms total, which would get you just as much output as if you were using a single 4 Ohm cab. Remember not to connect a smaller load to the head (for example, two 4 Ohm cabs would equal 2 Ohms total, which might be critical).

A single 8 Ohm cab should usually be fine, but it's best to look at the instruction manual or contact Line6 about it.
Quote by TheQuailman
Usually, solid-state amps will have a minimal load (apparently 4 Ohms in your case), but will handle bigger loads (like an 8 Ohm cab) fine, though you'll lose output.

The jacks are likely connected in parallel, which means two 8Ohm cabs will equal a load of 4 Ohms total, which would get you just as much output as if you were using a single 4 Ohm cab. Remember not to connect a smaller load to the head (for example, two 4 Ohm cabs would equal 2 Ohms total, which might be critical).

A single 8 Ohm cab should usually be fine, but it's best to look at the instruction manual or contact Line6 about it.

+1

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!