First off, I have a Mesa Mark IV (B) Head with a Recto 4x12 slant cab. That's in my sig already though. Also, it's not the amp or the guitar that's the problem.

So, I was tracking guitars for a song I wrote into ProTools, when suddenly everything got quieter than the rest of the tracks, it was about half as loud. Then suddenly, the sound resonates and I hear a click. Afterwards, I smell something burning. I checked my guitar by plugging it into my Line 6 (knew there was a reason for keeping this thing ), so it isn't that. Also, nothing is wrong with my cab.

However, now my amp won't turn on. Since I heard a click and smelled something burning, I figured one of the tubes could've exploded or something. However, I looked back there with a flashlight and nothing was (visibly) broken or cracked. The tubes are perfectly fine. So... I have no idea what's wrong with my amp .

Any ideas? I'm gonna take it to Guitar Center tomorrow, I have a warranty for it too.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of what protools looks like for when the amp "blew." Notice how the signal is thinner then it just becomes massive and then dies.

7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Last edited by Nico the Great at Jul 24, 2011,
power tube blown maybe?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Most likely a Power Tube. But seeing as you have a warranty, just take it in.

Sucks man, best of luck to you.
Where's Waldo?
So I read up on this, I think my fuse might have blown. That should be a simple enough fix, right? I attached a picture.

EDIT: Or will attach momentarily.

It's too big to post.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Last edited by Nico the Great at Jul 24, 2011,
Okay, so I checked in back again, and the smell is gone (it's been a bit since it started though.) However, the fuse is still warm to the touch and it's visibly melted away inside. Here's the picture, again.

Melty, melty goodness.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Yeah, I'm gonna replace it. Problem is I don't have a replacement, haha. Can I get one at Guitar Center?

Also, your user title is oddly fitting o_o.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
GC should have one, as should most electrical stores if you bring it in and show the guy they'll know what a replacement will be.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
i get my fuses at radio shack. maybe guitar center has them too. check the specs on fuse (from back of amp, maybe even on the glass of the fuse) and get a replacement. they cost like 2 bucks for a 3 pack.

but a fuse blowing is many times not a cause but a symptom.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Just thought I'd post on here that I got new fuses at Radio Shack! My amp works fine! Thanks for the input guys, it's much appreciated
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Id still take it in....

My amp blew within 2 weeks of me getting it, when i got it back, apparently, there was a bad power tube and a bad pre amp tube, and some of the prongs in one of the pre amp tube sockets were bent. now that its fixed though, its solid as a rock