well i've allways been a fan of boutique pedals and hated multi effect pedals and everything sounding too digital. but i use much delay and reverb and other spacey effects but i am a student and don't have the money to buy all these beautiful pedals. you would say: boy have patience! but i need those effects in my band. and last time i saw a friend of mine on a concert and the guy had nice tone playing with a very old fender through a very old fender bassman using some boutique pedals but allso a Boss ME-50 and it didn't sound digital or fake or anything.

so my question is, is the ME-50 a good buy? i will only be using it for delay, chorus, tuning, phaser, flanger etc... i have a wah, and a tube screamer and use the amp overdrive.
is it worth it and is it a good pedal? or are there better multi effect pedals for the price.
used i can buy one for 120-150 euros.

thanks in advance
I hated mine, had to sell it cause it killed my pick attack. Sub-par buffering. Lame.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I own a boss ME-50. It comes it handy if you plan on playing gigs where your setlist includes songs that need the effects it has to offer. For instance, I'm not rich or anything, so I can't afford a single delay with a single wah with a single whammy pedal, etc. It was really useful for last minute talent show gigs.

It's effects and delays are really great. Nice and diverse and very easy to manage. Now the distortions are less than amazing. The distortions are my (and possibly lots of other owners of the ME-50) least favorite thing about the pedal. It's possible to find good tones, yes, but it's unlikely you'll find one that terrific. Like I said before, the other effects (such as the phaser, flanger, choruses, delays, and octavers) are quite nifty.

Also, worth mentioning, the wah isn't THAAAAT strong, it's adequate, but I've heard better. It'll get the job done. There's a harmonizer effect which sounds cool at first, but after getting acclimated with the pedal, you realize that it's very sloppy and digital sounding. If you were to want a harmonizing pedal, I'd recommend to look to get an individual pedal.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
I would check out the rp355. IMO, it's sounds better than the me50 and has way more features and effects.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
well i won't be using them for any distorsion or anythng i's really just for that reverb delay etc... was interested because they sell for that low price and i need those effects.
this pedal will be more of a temporary sollution to my money issue.

and yeah wauw the RP350 looks ugly as hell but seems to be a very good pedal. thanks for teh sugestion! but musicstore profiles it more as a amp modeling pedal. to be honest i don't care about the amp models and drumloops and stuff like that.
but i'll be watching some vids of it tomorrow
Last edited by AEnesidem at Jul 24, 2011,
Put a good distortion in front of it, it'd be fine. That said, a buddy of mine uses one in a good gigging band and it sounds fine. I hate digital distotion though, sold mine. Personal preference really.
Quote by AEnesidem
well i won't be using them for any distorsion or anythng i's really just for that reverb delay etc... was interested because they sell for that low price and i need those effects.
this pedal will be more of a temporary sollution to my money issue.

and yeah wauw the RP350 looks ugly as hell but seems to be a very good pedal. thanks for teh sugestion! but musicstore profiles it more as a amp modeling pedal. to be honest i don't care about the amp models and drumloops and stuff like that.
but i'll be watching some vids of it tomorrow

You're temporary money issue sounds like the exact reason why I got mine. It'll definitely do. If you want some tone samples, I have a few covers (mainly Muse, hopefully you like Muse) on youtube where I've used the Boss ME-50 an awful lot.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
I guess the ME really isn't that bad.... if you really like modulation and delay effects, its alright.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Well, if you want just distortion and effects, then i would check out the line 6 m5, m9, and m13.

The effects and distortions on the rp355 sound great and you wouldn't have to use the amp modeling.
What's nice about the ME-50 is that it's practically all knobs for adjustments, just like the dedicated pedals. None of the matrix crap.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker
What's nice about the ME-50 is that it's practically all knobs for adjustments, just like the dedicated pedals. None of the matrix crap.

The matrix style arrangement is very easy to use, but it might take 5 more seconds to change something than the knob type controls on the me50.