So for my birthday, my dad said he is going to buy me a Peavey Bandit 112 because I was going to save for it. Though he really wants me to have it so he said he'll buy it.

So I'm wondering what are the bad things about the amp? I tried it at the guitar shop and I loved it quite allot, I have an ESP LTD MH-53 with gauge 11 or 10's
So yeah, any particullar bad things about this amp that I should look out for?
Peavey usually has really nice QC, so nothing to worry about in that department.
Quote by MitchellJBurges
I tried it at the guitar shop and I loved it quite allot

If you like it, why care what other people say about it?
Where's Waldo?
Yeah, the QC is alright, just wondering from anybody that has bought that particular amp if it has any problems? I see you use a Peavey XXL, they're nice
aside from not being a tube amp they're ok. had one back in the 80s and it did it's job. used a distortion pedal with it as the distortion kinda sucked (the new ones may be better, i haven't played thruone in many years). solid beginners amp.
Hey, I got mine for my birthday yonks ago, too.

I'm not sure what to say except that it's a really damn good amp for its price. It's solid as **** and just as loud. You can play it at bedroom levels, but like all amps, the distortion really shines when when you turn it up. I still haven't gone above 1.2/10 lest I bring the house down. If you're experienced at EQing, you can get a pretty good range of tones out of it. A while back I wasn't, so I bought a Boss DS-1 to help my distortion. I don't use that pedal anymore now that I know how to EQ it properly.

Bad things? Hmm... I can't really say. It's obviously not an all-tube amp, but it's a bit silly to call that a 'bad' thing when it isn't built like that. The only other thing is common to all amps: you have to position it properly to hear it at its best. I have mine tilted up at an angle at the other end of my room so the sound reaches my ears better. But once again, that's true of all amps.

I really don't have much to complain about it, really. People gig with them, and they do the job solidly. If you liked what you heard, go for it. Maybe others can recommend other things.

Edit: Just to say, mine's a Transtube made in China 2004-2007 model. No complaints. Check the reviews, too: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/peavey/transtube_bandit_112/index.html
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Last edited by Dayn at Jul 24, 2011,
I like it. Great amp, I think, if you can't afford a tube amp and you need some big watts and pretty good tone.

Only downside is the footswitch is $30 extra.
Quote by MitchellJBurges
Yeah, the QC is alright, just wondering from anybody that has bought that particular amp if it has any problems? I see you use a Peavey XXL, they're nice

Yeah, being that My guitar center only has shit amps, and nobody I know has a really nice amp, its the best Amp Ive played through accept for an Orange Rockerberb 100 Mk II which sounded like a chorus of angels was singing... It was sooo good.

But I havent heard much bad things about the Bandit. It comes from the same line (Transtube) as my XXL, so I guess I can say its got a good chance at sounding nice.
Where's Waldo?
theres nothing terribly wrong with the amp. its sturdy and it sounds pretty decent.

however, if you look hard enough, its possible to get a valveking 112 for the same sort of money. the valveking has better feel and sounds a little bit better too.