I want an overdrive to go with my tube amp. I want something that'll push the amp with a lot of gain but not be fizzy or muddy. Playing style is metal and the amp is a Crate Blue Voodo (60 watt). reccomendations?
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Tubescreamer.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer.

/thread
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Budget?

Tubescreamer is kinda the go to overdrive pedal but if it's too expensive then the Digitech Bad Monkey isn't a bad alternative. If you can afford more than that then there are a few boutique options.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Ibanez jet driver JD-9
digitech hardwire cm-2 tube overdrive. does the tubescreamer thing and has a mod switch to up the gain. 2 band eq is very responsive.
Quote by GNR4EVER
Budget?

Tubescreamer is kinda the go to overdrive pedal but if it's too expensive then the Digitech Bad Monkey isn't a bad alternative. If you can afford more than that then there are a few boutique options.

Agreed. If you're budget is on the lower end...a bad monkey or TS7 is a great route. I used to have a modded TS7 and I currently have a modded Bad Monkey on my board
Quote by NakedInTheRain
CMATmods Signa Drive. Tubescreamer clone with three different clipping options. Kickass pedal, and extremely reasonably priced.

+1
I love my signa drive. The pedal is incredible and doesn't get the notority or respect it deserves and the price is amazing for what you get.