The main thing you want to look for when buying a case is that your instrument fits well inside and doesn't move around when you handle the case. Imo that's the most important thing. After that look for how padded it is on the inside, how tough is the outside, and other little details like: compartments for strings, capo, picks, handheld tuner, etc, weight of case and balance with the instrument inside, metal casting on corners, lock...

I personally recommend Roadrunner cases since i've got one for my acoustic electric and one for my tele. They're the hybrid hardshell ones that are padded on the outside and i love them. Granted, i don't gig every weekend and abuse them much so they work perfectly for me. They just endured getting shipped from my home in the states all the way here to northern japan just fine.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to physically look at any of these cases. My local guitar center doesn't carry these cases right here--they only carry gig bags, a coffin one that costs ~$130, and the Roadrunner case. I don't want a Roadrunner case, as I'll be moving it around a lot in college, and may be in environments with careless people
Quote by shadowkamakazi
Unfortunately, I won't be able to physically look at any of these cases. My local guitar center doesn't carry these cases right here--they only carry gig bags, a coffin one that costs ~$130, and the Roadrunner case. I don't want a Roadrunner case, as I'll be moving it around a lot in college, and may be in environments with careless people

Completely understandable. I thought the same thing when i was looking into them but realized they'd work better for me than the other ones they had. There's more by roadrunner, including full hardshell ones for bass.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.