I got a new used guitar a few days ago and thought you guys would like to see it in all of it's glory. Btw, her name is Sheila.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/228864_243481202343542_100000449928710_887591_1346428_n.jpg

Not bad for a Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81/85 set huh?
It's got a DiMarzio D Sonic in the bridge and 13-70 gauge strings,set up for Drop B.
Neck-through-body, maple/walnut neck, Mahogany wings.
My only problem is that should I just stick an 81 in the bridge?
Anyways,
be jealous of Sheila's green sexiness and fret access.
Quote by MrFlibble
There are no words to accurately describe my disdain for this post.
I would stick with the dimarzios personally.

To put active pickups in that you would need to replace those pots with 25k pots and replace the input jack with a stereo input jack. You can't just swap out active pickups like you can with passives, not to mention put some foam in the control cavity to hold the battery.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
I like them, but most of my band's stuff is just chugs.
Would D-Activators be better?
Quote by MrFlibble
There are no words to accurately describe my disdain for this post.
Quote by mwiguitar62
I like them, but most of my band's stuff is just chugs.
Would D-Activators be better?

If you only want to swap the bridge and you want the active sound, the D-Activator is a good choice. I personally think they sound cool, but a lot of people claim you can't beat a real active for the active sound.
I D'Activators, much prefer them to any active pickup I've played. But that said the D-Sonic is also pretty damn awesome and the tonal difference you'll get from swapping them will be almost negligible (imo).

Also, that's an awesome RG man! Love the green finish.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3
I D'Activators, much prefer them to any active pickup I've played. But that said the D-Sonic is also pretty damn awesome and the tonal difference you'll get from swapping them will be almost negligible (imo).

Also, that's an awesome RG man! Love the green finish.

Well there you have it, the D-Activator won't make much of a difference. If you can't get a chug sound, maybe you should check out an EQ pedal. Even if you don't think you need one, it's awesome to have and you'll definitely get your money out of it.