Page 1 of 2
Okay, so I saw a thread about using different strings and giving individual reviews. And I just bought a bunch of ramen, so why not rate and review different flavors of ramen, but with a twist.

Instead of using the normal flavor packet that comes with ramen, why not make my own flavor?
I've already got Old Bay, rib rub, and taco seasoning. Does anybody have any other suggestions for seasonings to put in ramen.
I know this is gonna get some immature responses, but try to keep it to a minimum.
I will be updating this thread for every flavor I try right after I try it. So keep checking back for more.
Thanks,
Skullivan
EDIT: I will not be trying all of these recipies, but I will be narrowing it down to about ten. Credit for the recipe will be given to the user that first posted it. Winning user gets, well, I'll think about it. But most likely a simple thank you.
Last edited by Skullivan at Jul 24, 2011,
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
I love ramen, eat it daily and will be lurking this thread for ways to make it better.

/contributed nothing
ITT: TS is a stoner.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I usually just put in the flavor packet and some hot sauce.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Boil Two packets of ramen in 3 cups of water until cooked. Drain water. Add 2 tsp of the following: Olive oil, soy sauce, garlic salt, seasoning salt
Fry two eggs, mix in.

Awesome.
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Hmm... seems the thread has been taken over by a swimming pool filled with sperm.

Quote by iantheman
Whenever I run out of tissues, I get worried that I'll be caught hopping through the hallway with my pants around my knees, a dying erection, and a fist full of semen.
Quote by DarkChilli
Boil Two packets of ramen in 3 cups of water until cooked. Drain water. Add 2 tsp of the following: Olive oil, soy sauce, garlic salt, seasoning salt
Fry two eggs, mix in.

Awesome.

Errrmm, maybe not for this experiment. But I will have to try that.
My friend invented some sort of peanut butter ramen. I'd get him to make some for me, but apparently preparing it is a bitch.

You should do something awesome like that.
Quote by axethrower13
Simply adding some cayenne pepper to beef ramen takes from ramen to sex.

YES!!!
Adding cayenne pepper to anything makes it the bomb. Seriously, if you add hot sauce to food a lot, or red pepper etc. just to add a kick, cayenne is the way to go.
Quote by DarkChilli
Fry two eggs, mix in.

Awesome.

That sounds delicious.

Quote by CrunchyRoll
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Oh yeah, lets not ever try to makes things even a little better because everyone tastes are the same and ramen is perfect how it is to everyone.

In fact, lets just revert UG to it's old self. It was never broken.
http://web.archive.org/web/200011091703/http://www.ultimate-guitar.com
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 24, 2011,
Get Chinese raman instead.

You'll never go back to the American crap.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
My Chicken Ramen "Recipe" in 10 easy steps.

1. Buy chicken flavored ramen

2. Buy pre-cooked grilled chicken(You can cook your own chicken if you prefer)

3. Buy ungrounded black pepper(I prefer the McCormick brand)

4. Buy Frozen Vegetables

5. Boil ramen, steam vegetables, and reheat chicken

6. Drain the water from the ramen until it barely covers them

7. Put the vegetables in the ramen.

8. Tear the chicken into slightly thin strips

9. Give the chicken a nice peppering and put it in

10. Enjoy
Quote by Xiaoxi

For all I know, that could say "Yummy cat happy fun time!" "Soaked in lamb's blood overnight!"
I prefer to know what I eat. Because you are what you eat, and I don't want to be a cat deep soaked in lamb's blood. Just not my thing.
Quote by Skullivan
For all I know, that could say "Yummy cat happy fun time!" "Soaked in lamb's blood overnight!"
I prefer to know what I eat. Because you are what you eat, and I don't want to be a cat deep soaked in lamb's blood. Just not my thing.

It says spicy beef instant noodles.

You prefer to know what you eat? You're eating a high sodium powdery mix and preservative laden flour. I guess that makes you a moron.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
It says spicy beef instant noodles.

You prefer to know what you eat? You're eating a high sodium powdery mix and preservative laden flour. Moron.

I'm sorry, I didn't know not being able to read a foreign language made me a moron, sorry for the confusion.
Quote by Skullivan
I'm sorry, I didn't know not being able to read a foreign language made me a moron, sorry for the confusion.

just stop arguing

OT: Butter and soy sauce goes good on ramen and rice

and uhm yakisoba by maruchan has veggies that come with it its tasty try it
Apparently this is a signature

Yessir it is
Quote by Conbryvas
just stop arguing

OT: Butter and soy sauce goes good on ramen and rice

and uhm yakisoba by maruchan has veggies that come with it its tasty try it

I have tried the yakisoba before. Though I'm not a big fan of the veggies, I still like it. So butter and soy sauce ay? Sounds good.
Quote by Skullivan

Here's why you're a moron:

-assuming that if it's Asian, it must contain cat and lamb blood out of racial stereotyping and ignorance
-butchering the meaning behind "you are what you eat" and thinking it's somehow better to be soaked in cow blood than lamb blood
-getting high horsed about...instant ramen...just think about that for a second.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Skullivan
I have tried the yakisoba before. Though I'm not a big fan of the veggies, I still like it. So butter and soy sauce ay? Sounds good.

ah yeah i especially love it on rice.

worcestershire is what i usually put on my ramen.
There was this one occasion where i had stirfry vegetables and chicken and they were cooked with stir fry sauce then put with the ramen but i don't know exact details on how to make it.
Apparently this is a signature

Yessir it is
Quote by Xiaoxi
Here's why you're a moron:

-assuming that if it's Asian, it must contain cat and lamb blood out of racial stereotyping and ignorance
-butchering the meaning behind "you are what you eat" and thinking it's somehow better to be soaked in cow blood than lamb blood
-getting high horsed about...instant ramen...just think about that for a second.

You know what, I'm just gonna apologise. I'm sorry Xiaoxi. I didn't mean to offend anyone, especially of asian descent. The cat is a joke between my friends and I, and using it publicly was not the best choice (the lamb blood was completely different, as I watched a Demitri Martin episode and a joke about lamb blood came up). To be fair, no one takes the "You are what you eat" saying seriously anymore. I hope this clears up any misunderstanding and we can still be neutral friends.
^apology accepted... but yea inside jokes are inside jokes for reason

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
^apology accepted... but yea inside jokes are inside jokes for reason

Yeah, being civilized FTW!!!
I actually checked out your website and you seem to be a serious musician. I hope our musical paths may cross one day.
Who cares if it is cat? If it tastes good it tastes good, why can't we eat the cute animals too?

I love me some lamb, veal too, mmmmm you can taste the cuteness.

Now, back to the original topic: When i make Ramen, I usually boil the noodles, drain most of the water and add the flavor packet, stir it well. then, i put a bit of peanut oil in a fry pan and fry up some chicken, shrimp or steak(depending both on what I have in the fridge and what flavor the ramen is.) toss a handful of frozen peas and crack an egg into the pan, stir it all up. Dump the noodles in and fry it all for another few minutes and yea....stir fry!

The ones from the Asian market are infinitely better than the maruchan crap.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Last edited by ecvMatt at Jul 24, 2011,
Quote by axethrower13
Simply adding some cayenne pepper to beef ramen takes from ramen to sex.

Yes. Except chicken. And it also needs soy sauce, onion powder, garlic salt, hot sauce, pepper, salt, and the love of a good stove.
"You don't need any hairspray, Clarence... You don't have any hair."

'Ave atque vale'
I shall rise again, Bardo of the flesh
Quote by mizxou
yay they made up!!

<3

It's so heartwarming. Hugs for everyone

OT: A little lemon, a little cayenne pepper, voila!
All you need is yo' fingers and the strings
My favorite is chicken ramen with a good amount of garlic, as well as a soft boiled egg (even better with pepper added to the yolk when it is cooked)
Quote by DarkChilli
Fry two eggs, mix in.

Awesome.

Just tried this.

Effing delicious. Thank you.
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
Quote by Shazazmic
Just tried this.

Effing delicious. Thank you.

Dammit, now I really want to try it!
Quote by Skullivan
Dammit, now I really want to try it!

I stumbled on this thread already hungry :P It was as if the planets aligned!
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
Quote by Shazazmic
I stumbled on this thread already hungry :P It was as if the planets aligned!
Your sig, Paul Gilbert's not dead. Is that just trolling?
Quote by sir potato1
I have once made ramen, drained the noodles, and added garlic salt, oil, and oregano. Delicious.

Quote by sir potato1
added garlic salt, oil, and oregano.

Quote by sir potato1
garlic salt, oil, and oregano.

Quote by sir potato1
oil

Care to elaborate on that?
Quote by Skullivan
Yeah, being civilized FTW!!!
I actually checked out your website and you seem to be a serious musician. I hope our musical paths may cross one day.

FRIENDSHIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP<3
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I'm boring then. I just get the creamy chicken flavor and put a slice of american cheese in mine and melt it. so it's cheesy ramen.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper 1000
Fender Telecaster
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Goth SG
Randall RD200
Line 6 Spider IV 150
Quote by Skullivan
Care to elaborate on that?

Probably olive oil or vegetable oil.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Page 1 of 2