I am currently shopping for a guitar. I am chossing between an Ibanez arz 800, a jackson Rhodes RR5, and epiphone Les paul standard or a dean deceiver FM. I was wondering which guitar would be the best for the price they are and which sound good for the music I do. I play classic rock to metal example beatles, ACDC, Guns'n roses, Blacksabbath, Metallica, Led Zeppelin. My current set up is a laney LX 65D, a danelectro metal distortion and my guitar is a Univox Les paul copy.
Personally I'd take the Jackson. I suppose any of those would work for rock and metal. Jackson feels like it's MADE for metal :P
The Epiphone LP might be the go-to choice for a lot of people when it comes to the stuff you play. However, I recommend you try 'em all out first before making any final decisions on buying them. Anybody will tell you that when you're buying a guitar, you can never try out your potential purchases too much! If you've got a music store nearby, go check and see if they've got any of these. Hey, you might even find a new pick that you haven't listed here!
Musical things I do
http://www.youtube.com/user/CGuitar2112

GEAR
Ibanez RG 7421
Ibanez S470DXQM - Viking Red
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 RN
Greg Bennet Custom
Peavey Raptor I
Atomic Reactor 112 Amp
Line 6 POD HD w/ MkII Express
I own a Dean EVO Special Select and a Time Capsule Cadillac (both of which I love), but would probably not buy most low-end Deans at this time. They're just not as good a value sub-$700 as the other brands you mentioned. That said, if you get away from the ones that are über-popular these days- generally, the "pointy"/"metal" ones- you might get decent value for money.

(That said, I'm not familiar with the Dean Deceiver FM in particular.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jul 25, 2011,
The Dean and the ARZ have 24 frets, if that might change your focus. Look at the specs (wood and pickups, most importantly) and try to find a place to try these guitars out.
I would go for the Epiphone, I have one and it has always been really good. Plus I would say it suits 'most' of the stuff you play.
Jackson. Dont listen to anyone tellin you different. I have a Jackson Rhodes Ex pro from 94.....and I can honestly say id marry the neck on that guitar.
Jackson or Epiphone. For sure. congrats on having good taste. I couldn't be happier with my RR.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I have always had good luck with Ibanez, but I play death metal. So... Maybe you'll be better off picking up an Epiphone, that's pretty classic rock-ish.
I'm the musical equivalent of driving a Sherman tank to work.
Lolwut?? So many people choosing a CHINESE made mediocre guitar over a high end JAPANESE made one??
Come on, the Jackson blows the epiphone away, certainly regarding build quality, hardware and playability.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I played the Jackson RR5. It had an amazing feel... Get it.
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

telecaster!!!!!! telecaster!!!!!!!!! telecaster!!!!!!!!!!!
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.