I got a Bugera V5 combo amp, single channel, one tone, one gain and one volume, it has this really classical sound to it and you can get some beautiful cleans out of it but here is my deal... the "overdrive" it gives is pretty much the tubes breaking but i would like to get some crunchy mid-high gain overdrive out of it, more of an ACDC sound, the one i get i relate a little more to a "fuzzy" sound , will a simple overdrive pedal work or should i put it through a bigger cab/speaker? if any other question feel free to ask
thank you
(im using an Ibanez Rg2ex1 )

Quote by static_music34
your guitar doesn't exist, apparently

good one...
:Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5
Last edited by HectorBznRg at Jul 25, 2011,
bigger cab will only make it a little louder, maybe a subtle tone change but not the extent your looking for.....go with the pedal
You could change the tubes to one that breaks up into a dirtier grittier sound a little earlier. I hear mullard valves are good for earlier break up which might be a cheap alternative otherwise a good pedal like an Ibanez TS9 would do.
i think i dont want them to "break" that soon, more like getting the a good overdrive before that fuzzy breaking... but sure i will look into the pedals, thanks

Quote by static_music34

good one...
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5
Quote by Grawgos
VFE Alphadog or cmatmods brownie.

that alhpa dog sounds GREAT in the reviews! it is also as expensive as my amp
since its a small amp, will it still sound fuzzy with an overdrive on top? (or behind it however you wanna see it...)

Quote by static_music34

good one...
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5