Hey,

I'm thinking of buying the Green muff kit from GGG, but it's my first build. Does anyone know if this is a good kit? I want a green muff clone, but can't really afford the hoof's devices one and I think it'd be cool to build something!

Secondly, are there any tips you can offer? Like type of solder to use (if there's more than one), parts upgrades (is some wire less noisy than others?) and things like that...

Thanks in advance!!
I make band posters!

Epiphone Special II, Squier Classic Vibe Tele-->
Toyroom Effects Louder-->
Boss SD-1, DD-3, RV-5-->
Line 6 DL4-->
Vox AC15c1
diystompboxes.com

this is the place
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
General Guitar Gadgets sells good quality kits. I've built a few. I'd just recommend to go slow and make sure your iron is hot enough. Also, stay away from lead-free soldier. That stuff sucks sweaty donkey balls.
I just did a British Blues OD kit from Buildyourownclone.com

I just finished and fired it up. Works real well.

I just did myfirst build wiht all new supplies and everything.

If you have a radio shack near you go pickup the 20/40w soldering station, some 60/40 rosin core solder, and a solder pump.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by samhell
Also, stay away from lead-free soldier. That stuff sucks sweaty donkey balls.

I've always used lead-free solder and I've never had a problem. What's the advantage of using a lead-based one?
Quote by CrazyPigeon
I've always used lead-free solder and I've never had a problem. What's the advantage of using a lead-based one?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21151552/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/danger-lead-free-electronics-tin-whiskers/

http://www.militaryaerospace.com/index/display/article-display/238657/articles/military-aerospace-electronics/volume-16/issue-10/news/trends/lead-free-solder-a-train-wreck-in-the-making.html

Not to mention it seems a bit more brittle and prone to cold solder joints...
Last edited by samhell at Jul 26, 2011,