I recently discovered this new thing called Studio 4, and it's awesome. It's a usb stick that comes with everything you could need to do professional-quality studio recording. And it's easy to use!

Has anyone else here tried Studio 4?
Meh its just a bunch of useless stuff on a pen drive

I bet the apps are just the demo's of the programs, no way you could get all that for $49, a REAPER licence is $50 on its own
LOL "demos" that's funny.

Nope, it all works, and it's awesome. Doesn't even need Windows, it has its own OS. Plus, it comes with a custom hyper-lowlatency realtime kernel, so it records audio better than a Mac.

You can take it anyplace and use it on any computer, and load it up with all your settings.
Man, It's a free linux on a pendrive with a bunch of open source software.
Also , there is no linux version of Reaper , it runs on WINE and it's just a demo

And JACK audio server is VERY VERY resource heavy, a windows with an asio driver is much better...

For 50 $ you can buy a Reaper licence and download a lot of great free VSTs and you have everything you need.

Don't waste money on this useless thing.
Quote by Nemui-Kuma
And JACK audio server is VERY VERY resource heavy, a windows with an asio driver is much better...

Nope, you're wrong. This runs faster than any OS I've ever tried, with extremely low latencies. The whole thing runs in RAM, so it couldn't get any faster.

Reaper is fully-functional, but the other apps are awesome too.
Quote by Freddy Thirty
Nope, you're wrong. This runs faster than any OS I've ever tried, with extremely low latencies. The whole thing runs in RAM, so it couldn't get any faster.

Reaper is fully-functional, but the other apps are awesome too.

Nope, I'm not wrong.
First: you can get all of this for free... because there is nothing in there that costs a single penny!

Reaper's demo is fully functional, but it's still just a demo, also it has to emulate windows so it's slower than the windows version.

OH, and guess what, every Live Linux runs entirely from RAM, occupying you precious ram, that has better uses (samples, audio track, etc) so it leaves you with much less usable ram.

What do you mean runs faster?
It doesn't matter how much time it takes to boot or how much time it takes to launch a program.
I'm talking about the thing that the same project requires much more CPU time With jack, than with ASIO on windows.

And the website is also very amateurish
I'm gonna have to say no, nor would I want to ever purchase that. It's a bunch of free software thrown on a USB stick slapped with a $50 price tag. The fact that it includes both Audacity, Reaper, a few other DAWs I've never heard of (?), and VLC Player (???) makes this product extremely out of scope in terms of defining "professional-quality." I'm not saying Reaper is bad for recording (it's actually pretty good), but paying $50 for what I'm sure is the demo, is just insane. That would make it $100 if you actually did buy a license. Also, the claim that you can replace the Windows OS altogether with its own kernal is just scary (nice disclaimer).

Now that I've put all these facts together for everyone else, saving them the trouble of scrolling through the link, I'm pretty convinced that this is just an ad for this product because nothing seems professional about it whatsoever. It's a bit obvious.

I'm not really one to ever make such judgments on this forum, but I have to make it clear to everyone that by purchasing this USB stick, you are getting completely ripped-off by this scam and possibly damaging your computer (there's also no sign of being a verified/authorized internet dealer anywhere on the site).
You can argue all you like. But I actually own one, so I know what I'm talking about.

It's just like the website says. It's the best audio studio in the world, and you can carry it in your pocket.
Give us pictures of it in use! Pictures! Pictures! We demand pictures!
"You can't play fast unless you play slow"
Quote by Freddy Thirty
You can argue all you like. But I actually own one, so I know what I'm talking about.

It's just like the website says. It's the best audio studio in the world, and you can carry it in your pocket.

Come on!
be serious!
What makes it the best?

Just a lot of free software
I've been there, done that and the sad truth is that linux is not capable of serious audio production.

Reaper is capable... but not without VST plugins.... and the only way it can work on linux is Windows emulation... and that makes things slower , less stable.

the hyper low latency is just a bad marketing thing
I mean , for professional quality you DON'T NEED low latency and for example the E-MU 404 sound card is not capable of lower latency than 11ms (very few sound card is capable of lower total latency) What is needed is an accurate delay compensation.

And i don't mean to be rude, but on the screen shot of reaper, the latency is written in the right corner of the window, and that is 21ms/43ms (far, far from realtime)
Quote by Nemui-Kuma
Reaper is capable... but not without VST plugins.... and the only way it can work on linux is Windows emulation... and that makes things slower , less stable.

Studio 4 runs VST's. And its WAY faster than Windows!

Quote by Nemui-Kuma
the hyper low latency is just a bad marketing thing

You wish! Realtime recording is the only way to go.

Quote by Nemui-Kuma
And i don't mean to be rude, but on the screen shot of reaper, the latency is written in the right corner of the window, and that is 21ms/43ms (far, far from realtime)

You can adjust it in settings. I've used it with latencies as low as 2.7 msec (on an older computer, even).

So, aside from arguing, if I may get back on topic - has anyone here used Studio 4?
Quote by Freddy Thirty
Studio 4 runs VST's. And its WAY faster than Windows!

You wish! Realtime recording is the only way to go.

You can adjust it in settings. I've used it with latencies as low as 2.7 msec (on an older computer, even).

So, aside from arguing, if I may get back on topic - has anyone here used Studio 4?

okay, why is it faster than windows? have any proof?

You know, what is hardware monitoring? that is why there is no need to realtime recording.

and if your software says that you have 2.7ms latency that does not mean that is a real value
( and that would mean you have 64 samples in and out at 48khz without double buffer or hardware buffer, which is most unlikely, maybe RME soundcard would be capable of)
Even a guitar multi effect has a 3ms of delay... and that is just a DSP chip, and it don't have to dealy with OS, other hardware, etc...

In fact , Reaper don't have JACK support... so it has to interface with an emulated ASIO or Directsound driver... and emulation takes time, memory and CPU cycles
Last edited by Nemui-Kuma at Jul 25, 2011,
Yes, Mr. I just joined to promote my shitty product. Nice website, super professional. It's ironic that a website promoting that it can create 'stunning graphics' yet they can barely create a photoshopped USB Flashdrive.

Oh, and great job offering free products for a price.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Nemui-Kuma, this is you:

"Ya, well I may never have tried the product in question. And I might not have even heard of it until today. But I've tried other things in the past, so Studio 4 must be the same. Therefore, I must know more about it than you, even though you own a copy and have actually used it."

LOL. That's not winning. That's just being obstinate.
I tried Studio 4 and it had an outdated version of Audacity, and Reaper wouldn't work with the rest of the stuff it came with... had no need to try much else on it because the other stuff is crappy versions of stuff that comes free to other computer set-ups! Oh, and anyone can make up stupid, baseless claims on the internet, without proof, just to 'win' an argument
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
LOL its just a bunch of freeware....running on linux (Wth).

that real time latency thing is BS. if you want low latency in your recordings just dropped down your sampling rate while recording. I can acheive a not latency recording with my crappy dell laptopt with a 100$ Tascam interface.

Nothing is gonna be PRO for 50 $ dude.

i bet youd crash it runnin a couple of vst on it. ..I dont think my macpro has ever done that now has it?....
im not posting to join the pissing mach...lol... my brother got this setup for his studio its great! but i moved away from him awhile back so i lost the privalage of his sound studio... im gonna order it and get back to recording cant wait!
i bet youd crash it runnin a couple of vst on it.

Nope, it's based on Linux. It never crashes.

Ya, there's tons of apps. I clicked on the links beside their names on the website, and they have pretty awesome reviews. I can't believe you get so much studio-quality stuff for only fifty bucks.

And srsly guys, if you don't know what realtime recording is or why it's good, you should look it up. Realtime kernels rule.
Last edited by Freddy Thirty at Jul 25, 2011,
Quote by punchedout
im not posting to join the pissing mach...lol... my brother got this setup for his studio its great! but i moved away from him awhile back so i lost the privalage of his sound studio... im gonna order it and get back to recording cant wait!

You'll like it, it's cool.
Quote by punchedout

Hey guys, this looks legit!

Failproduct is fail and all that other internet shiz. Here's some feedback for your product dude... learn how to promote things professionally, or at least be better at hiding your fake hype Oh, and I guess reported for having a multi-account now, too...

At least this epic fail at promoting a dodgy product has provided some lulz
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Jul 25, 2011,
and besides 50$ is the least amount i paid for anything in my musical artillary (besides a cruddy noname acustic i won on ebay.for 30$ that thing plays like crap!)
Carrying on a message across two accounts' posts, within a minute of each other... you guys must be telepathically-connected!

Edit: Note to self - stop feeding the trolls... even if they are so entertaining
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Carrying on a message across two accounts' posts, within a minute of each other... you guys must be telepathically-connected!

The Internet is a wonderful thing.
No offense but that is a scam right there. I bet you are the one profiting from selling this revolutionary pocket studio. You made your account today, and your first post is promoting this nonsense... Sounds legit.
Yeah
Troll harder, I'm pretty sure everyone knows how much of a blatant advertisement this is. And in my books, creating UG account just to advertise shitty product = spam.
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.