I own a new 2011 Agile AL-2000 /w Floyd Rose and I'm really satisfied with it. Just one problem, I like playing guitars with perfect action. The kind of action you can just set your finger on the note and it'd be fretted. I want to be able to get this kind of action without going to have someone else do it for me. If someone can help me figure this out, please let me know by commenting. Much appreciated!
Since I don't feel like doing the research for you (this is your problem after all), what kind of FR is it?

Also: I hate super super low action, I don't know why everybody likes it so much, I like it medium (Erring on the lower side instead of high if it is)

Edit: Forgot to mention, most systems have the action adjusted by turning the two little mounting screws on the outside of it.
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Jul 25, 2011,
It's just a gold chrome Floyd Rose Original. I like the low action because I like shredding and fast playing. Pretty much like to play with ease. I also like the way Paul Gilbert plays and I'd like to develop some technique pretty soon from him. And I think having the best action would really help me achieve this.
Quote by theguitarplayin
^ this guys a jerk.

Please explain what makes me a jerk. I don't see what you're talking about.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by theguitarplayin
^ this guys a jerk.

I fail to see what makes him a jerk?

He asked what FR it was so he didn't have to spend time searching out the info about it for someone else's issue, offered an opinion, even retrofitted some action adjustment advice.
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Adjust the two allen screws to raise or lower the bridge, then adjust the screws in the spring cavity to level it. If you lower the bridge, you'll need to put more tension on the springs by screwing the holder in further. You need to do it all very gradually, and once you've got the bridge height set, you'll have to play off between your tuning and spring tension.
Quote by OneOfThePak
It's just a gold chrome Floyd Rose Original. I like the low action because I like shredding and fast playing. Pretty much like to play with ease. I also like the way Paul Gilbert plays and I'd like to develop some technique pretty soon from him. And I think having the best action would really help me achieve this.

No, practice will help you achieve this. I used to have the same idea. The action on my guitar is no more than 2mm anywhere on the fretboard. There is nothing magical about it. It just makes the guitar more comfortable. If you have a reasonable action, you should worry more about practicing well.

If it is a must though..

Adjust the truss rod so that the neck is straight. Do this under the string tension so that your adjustments are accurate.

Make sure the floyd is setup properly because when it rocks back and forth the action also changes so doing this adjustment later doesnt make sense.

Before you touch the floyd posts. I've only heard this from one person before, but it seems to be true. Dont adjust the posts under tention. The friction might ruin the knife edges. Thats what happened to me. My LFR stayed in tune perfect until I made that mistake... even if you have an OFR idk.. its better safe than sorry IMO

Im no pro at any of this stuff I guess Im just lucky with it. My guitar is a Douglas model off of rondo music so Im sure you will have good luck with your agile.