So I just got my Wampler Ecstasy and it sounds amazing. I have one problem with it though.

The unity (volume) is at 8'o clock. And it maintains the same volume even when maxed out. Before 8'o clock it fades in, but just a little bit. Is this a pot problem or what?
It rules guitarists with an iron fist. It is their mistress, and it is their haunted soul....Kingdoms (of tone) rise and fall and bend to its will. It is the siren. It is the dryad. It is the beautiful cruelty. It is delay.
Do you have anything in your chain before it like a compressor? Are you running any kind of noise gate? Either one could perhaps affect how your overdrive acts, depending on what your settings are.
I use a Line 6 DL-4 and a Hermida Mosferatu after it. However, with or without them, it acts the same way.
It rules guitarists with an iron fist. It is their mistress, and it is their haunted soul....Kingdoms (of tone) rise and fall and bend to its will. It is the siren. It is the dryad. It is the beautiful cruelty. It is delay.
i haven't tried one, but yeah that doesn't really sound right
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sounds like a linear small value pot, not a logarithmic large value one, maybe a manufacture issue, I doubt such a decent pedal would have that fault in it's basic design
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
Well, what could I do to fix the problem? Change the pot? To what? :/
if you've got a guarantee or warranty take it back and get it checked out, aside form that I wouldn't be able to advise you except for getting in touch with wampler about it
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
I guess I'll do that. The previous owner thought it was a "characteristic" of the pedal :/
i read a review of the pedal and it talked about how there was plenty of boost past unity gain, so im guessing yours has a problem. i would just contact wampler about it
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣