Hi

I am interested in those two amps I want the most versatile of those two. I am thinking to go with the hk but what do you think? I mostly play rock/instrumental rock(JS,Andy Timmos, Steve Vai) , metal(iron maiden,metallica,iced earth) etc.
tubemeister and gigmaster
Both have very similar features, similar wattage(hk 18 engl 15), power soak, DI out, fx loop, 2 el84's. However gigmaster has 1 power tube ecc83 and tubemeister has 2 12AX7's , thats the only main difference. So what do you think? Is the tubemeister going to be more versatile because of the 2 power tubes?

here are some videos
HK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIPDpDoMB_E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NECrUyFCUU

ENGL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuQL2Y1XKto&feature=related
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150
Gibson Les Paul Signature T VS

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Boss DD-3, NS-1, CS3, CH1, TU-3
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Last edited by Giorgosm10 at Jul 26, 2011,
i doubt anyone's tried both yet, they're pretty new. could be wrong, though.

fwiw, the engl isn't all-tube. Not sure about the h&k, though I'm suspicious it's not either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I am aware that the engl might not be all tube, but the hk from what they say on their website is a class A/B (push-pull) all tube amp
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Quote by Giorgosm10
Well I am aware that the engl might not be all tube, but the hk from what they say on their website is a class A/B (push-pull) all tube amp

why are you limited on those 2 models?
I was kinda the same way, but there are much more options...

You can always go for the vypyr tube if you want versalitity...

Just the usual stuff ( from 311's thread )
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Well because I think that a tube amp has more character than a hybrid amp. I used to have a line 6 pod x3 live and it was fine in the begining it help me a lot find what i was looking for in terms of tone but I dont want to use amp simulators anymore cause i think they sound very digital and cold. Also the power soak feature is very usefull to me cause i want to be able to use the amp for practising and giging. And a 120 watt tube amp is not exactly ideal for home practising. I think I will go with the hughes and kettner, I can always send back the amp if i dont like it but from what I've heard so far sounds awesome
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Quote by Giorgosm10
Well because I think that a tube amp has more character than a hybrid amp. I used to have a line 6 pod x3 live and it was fine in the begining it help me a lot find what i was looking for in terms of tone but I dont want to use amp simulators anymore cause i think they sound very digital and cold. Also the power soak feature is very usefull to me cause i want to be able to use the amp for practising and giging. And a 120 watt tube amp is not exactly ideal for home practising. I think I will go with the hughes and kettner, I can always send back the amp if i dont like it but from what I've heard so far sounds awesome

if you only care about tubes, get a bugera v5 if you wanna crank it, and if you don't: get a bugera v22
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
If you buy the Tube Meister, be sure to make a NAD thread. I'm very interested in that amp. The Musikmesse Thomas Blug live videos sound f'in great.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
if you really care about its being all-tube, it might be worth a quick email to h&k. they have form with hybrids, there's no guarantee that this one isn't too.

I mean they're claiming it can do modern high gain tones. I don't see how it can with only one preamp tube (assuming the other one is the PI) without other SS shenanigans.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by hansolo1106
If you buy the Tube Meister, be sure to make a NAD thread. I'm very interested in that amp. The Musikmesse Thomas Blug live videos sound f'in great.

Well I just ordered the amp from germany so It will probably take a week to arrive, as soon as I get it I would make a NAD thread.
uh oh, the whole HT-5 Thing is gonna come up again....

Well actually its ok to have some solid state componets if it sounds good. Tone is all that matters and i will found out how good it is soon enough.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Quote by Giorgosm10
Well because I think that a tube amp has more character than a hybrid amp.

Quote by Giorgosm10

Well actually its ok to have some solid state componets if it sounds good. Tone is all that matters and i will found out how good it is soon enough.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
:P I was talking about the VYPYR on that post which is a modeling amp. So I meant Modeling amp not hybrid sorry my mistake :P. I just got a reply from hughes and kettner (I asked them if the amp is an all tube)
Here is the answer:

Dear Goerge,

thank you for your email. The TubeMeister 18 is an all tube amp! It uses two 12AX7 in the preamp and two EL84 in the power amp.

Best regards,
Kai Sonnhalter
Music & Sales P.E. GmbH
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Last edited by Giorgosm10 at Jul 26, 2011,
ah ok (regarding the modelling thing).

regarding the answer from h&K... I dunno. I'd want more than that if i were buying one and cared if it were all-tube or not.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah ok (regarding the modelling thing).

regarding the answer from h&K... I dunno. I'd want more than that if i were buying one and cared if it were all-tube or not.

Well soon enough I am going to find out and i m going to create NAD post about it .
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator