Page 1 of 2
i just pierced my tongue myself, even though i was advised against it. So Pit, i was wondering if any of you have done things, even though everyone tells you it's a bad idea?
I hope you get infected
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
The first two replies adequately sum up my feelings on this matter.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I sincerely hope you don't get infected; I don't see why anyone would wish that upon you unprovoked. Make sure to take as many safeguards against infection as possible from here on out.
Quote by aznmetalhead93
Piercing your tongue is stupid enough, let alone doing it by all by yourself. Come on, man.

Pretty much this.
Drugs, getting tattoos, buying stupid shit, texting and driving, all kinds of crap.

Quote by due 07
I sincerely hope you don't get infected; I don't see why anyone would wish that upon you unprovoked. Make sure to take as many safeguards against infection as possible from here on out.

edit: Aye, the Pit be angry little balls of hatred, mon.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jul 25, 2011,
First post answering the prompt in OP:

I bought a PS3 even though my mom told me it's a bad idea. It turns out she's right; I sold it away earlier this year.
Quote by due 07

I'm sorry but piercing your own tongue is idiotic. He has been advised against it and yet he still went and did it.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Quote by KYmonster
i just pierced my tongue myself, even though i was advised against it. So Pit, i was wondering if any of you have done things, even though everyone tells you it's a bad idea?

You do realise it's actually possible to bleed to death via your tongue, right? That's one of the reasons you're meant to go to a professional

Quote by sporkman7
piercing yourself anywhere by yourself is dangerous. you do realize that your mouth is the most vile, bacteria packed place on your body, right?

Not necessarily, mouth piercings tend to heal quicker, and saliva contains natural antibacterial compounds, as long as he remembers to swill his mouth with sea salt in water, and not smoke he will be fine, but, as it's his tongue, he's gonna have a hell of a lot of fun with the healing...
Last edited by DaveM666 at Jul 25, 2011,
Drugs and stretching my ear.
I really hope you don't get infected, but you should know the dangers of doing it yourself. You could have hit a vein. That would most likely have killed you.
Quote by slipknot5678
It was a stupid idea, that doesn't mean we should all wish bad things on him.
Exactly.

Quote by slash_GNR666
I'm sorry but piercing your own tongue is idiotic. He has been advised against it and yet he still went and did it.

What's your point? It's something that doesn't concern you in the slightest, literally no bad will come out of this (except for inevitable infection), yet you still wish harm upon him? That is sick social-darwinism. Honestly, why would you hope he gets infected because of this? I can't even fathom those kinds of aggressive feelings being provoked in this situation. By 'situation', I mean an anonymous teenager on an internet forum telling his tale of DIY body modification. If you sincerely 'hope' medical harm upon him, that's twisted.
Quote by due 07
(except for inevitable infection),].

Infection isn't inevitable though, as long as he remembers to use a non alcoholic mouthwash, or salt water (sea salt, not table salt)
Quote by DaveM666
Infection isn't inevitable though, as long as he remembers to use a non alcoholic mouthwash, or salt water (sea salt, not table salt)
That was meant to be read slightly tongue-in-cheek.
why so much hate guys? i researched it before i did it, i know there are veins and i looked and made sure i didnt hit them, i had everything i needed for it. the only reason i said it was because it was an example of something i was advised not to do but did it anyways, so that i could hear you guy's stories without being selfish and not telling one of my own.

jesus christ you guys
Quote by due 07
What's your point? It's something that doesn't concern you in the slightest, literally no bad will come out of this (except for inevitable infection), yet you still wish harm upon him? That is sick social-darwinism. Honestly, why would you hope he gets infected because of this? I can't even fathom those kinds of aggressive feelings being provoked in this situation. By 'situation', I mean an anonymous teenager on an internet forum telling his tale of DIY body modification. If you sincerely 'hope' medical harm upon him, that's twisted.

He get's infected it's his stupid fault, I hope he does so he can see what an idiot he has been and then he might look back on this situation and go '**** maybe I should have listened to the ones that were telling me not to do it'
Quote by lambofgod127

slash_GNR666 you are a freakin punk, you mean to tell us that you have NEVER done anything that you were advised not to do? the point of this thread was to hear some stories, not discuss how stupid my piercing is, and anyways, im not going to get an infection cause i know how to clean it and everything, sorry to crush your hopes and dreams. get a life dude, you're gonna bash me cause i did something a little erratic with myself to change things up. i want you to tell all of us that you have never ever done anything stupid in your life, go on, say it.
Quote by slash_GNR666
He get's infected it's his stupid fault, I hope he does so he can see what an idiot he has been and then he might look back on this situation and go '**** maybe I should have listened to the ones that were telling me not to do it'
There are much better ways to relay that message without using deterrence and mind games. He's obviously aware of the consequences, and he took a gamble.That doesn't mean a negative outcome should be placed on him, we should be wishing him the best of luck. It's not like piercing your own tongue is some horrifying, disgusting act or anything.
But, to stay on topic, most of my day is compiled of me not listening to others, and ending up in some kind of pain because of it lol
I ate a humungous green pepper at a shady Mexican restaurant after friends telling me not to.

I had a burning tongue for 3 days
Quote by UntilISleep
I ate a humungous green pepper at a shady Mexican restaurant after friends telling me not to.

Now to put this in perspective -- imagine I was sitting at the next table in this scenario. After you ate the pepper, I cursed you: "I hope you have a burning tongue for three days." Why on earth would I hope for that!?

I know you didn't wish harm upon the OP, I'm just using you as an example. >.>
Quote by KYmonster
slash_GNR666 you are a freakin punk, you mean to tell us that you have NEVER done anything that you were advised not to do? the point of this thread was to hear some stories, not discuss how stupid my piercing is, and anyways, im not going to get an infection cause i know how to clean it and everything, sorry to crush your hopes and dreams. get a life dude, you're gonna bash me cause i did something a little erratic with myself to change things up. i want you to tell all of us that you have never ever done anything stupid in your life, go on, say it.

Oh I have done stupid stuff in my life, believe me, but unlike you I have respect and listen to what other people say.

If a situation arised where I wanted to do something and people were advising me not to do it, I would assess the situation and probably agree with the people telling me that the situation would cause me harm / put me in danger.

Anyway I clearly am not the 'punk' here, you are kind sir, as you want to go against the system and do whatever you want
Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by UntilISleep

Oh I remember being dared to snort wasabi powder, some of my friends told me not to, my nose bled

similair thing happened with perfume, dared to drink it, didn't listen when told not to, ended up burns in my throat and it was not pleasent
Quote by slash_GNR666

Oh I have done stupid stuff in my life, believe me, but unlike you I have respect and listen to what other people say.

If a situation arised where I wanted to do something and people were advising me not to do it, I would assess the situation and probably agree with the people telling me that the situation would cause me harm / put me in danger.

Anyway I clearly am not the 'punk' here, you are kind sir, as you want to go against the system and do whatever you want
He's not in the wrong here. He was aware of the consequences, yet he made a personal choice that affects no one, especially not you. You, as a third party, wished for the worst to happen to him in this situation. Have you stopped to think maybe he wanted his tongue pierced, and maybe he wanted to do so on his own accord and actually experience piercing his own tongue? It's fucked up to want something bad to happen to him and it's taking some sort of weird, moral authoritarian stance. Would you wish that everyone that smokes weed accidentally smokes some laced with PCP? It's certainly a possibility, it's certainly awful, but there's no reason to actually wish that.
Last edited by due 07 at Jul 25, 2011,
Quote by due 07
Now to put this in perspective -- imagine I was sitting at the next table in this scenario. After you ate the pepper, I cursed you: "I hope you have a burning tongue for three days." Why on earth would I hope for that!?

I know you didn't wish harm upon the OP, I'm just using you as an example. >.>

To which I'd probably just shrug and say "me too, hence why I'm eating the damn thing", and then carry on with my day, rather than getting all butthurt about it.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
not me, but one of the lads i went on holiday with downed 19 jagerboms then finished with a double shot of hugo boss...
whatever dude, sorry if me getting a piercing got you so bothered and hot that you had to go and say something, hope you can sleep tonight knowing your good deed quota has been filled.

and for going "against the system" as you would put it. no. there is no correlation between me sticking a metal bar in my tongue and trying to be against anything. honestly i thought they looked neat. so tell me genius, how is it against the system, when i went to a store to buy the piercing to begin with?
I hope everyone in this thread wakes up tomorrow with a phobia of wood in the mouth and all there is to eat is popsicles!
Quote by due 07
Exactly.

People are mostly bastards, that's why.
Quote by due 07
He's not in the wrong here. He was aware of the consequences, yet he made a personal choice that affects no one, especially not you. You, as a third party, wished the worst happened in this situation. Have you stopped to think maybe he wanted his tongue pierced, and maybe he wanted to do so on his own accord and actually experience piercing his own tongue? It's fucked up to want something bad to happen to him and it's taking some sort of weird, moral authoritarian stance. Would you wish that everyone that smokes weed accidentally smokes some laced with PCP? It's certainly a possibility, it's certainly awful, but there's no reason to actually wish that.

His choices affect me when he comes onto here stating that he has pierced his own tongue.

Quote by KYmonster
whatever dude, sorry if me getting a piercing got you so bothered and hot that you had to go and say something, hope you can sleep tonight knowing your good deed quota has been filled.

and for going "against the system" as you would put it. no. there is no correlation between me sticking a metal bar in my tongue and trying to be against anything. honestly i thought they looked neat. so tell me genius, how is it against the system, when i went to a store to buy the piercing to begin with?

It ain't got me hot and bothered pal, I just stated what I think should happen to you after doing something that I find (and probably others will to) idiotic. If they disagree then that's there opinion.

The going against the system part wasn't about just a fricking tongue piercing it was about the way you came of on this thread.

'I have done something that people told me not to, check me out badass'

Yeah I probably read it and the wrong context, but it was the context I read it in

Anyway let's settle this now, you have your opinion, due 07 has there opinion and I have mine and no-one is right or wrong
Quote by lambofgod127

Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Jul 25, 2011,
Quote by slash_GNR666
His choices affect me when he comes onto here stating that he has pierced his own tongue.
What kind of whacked-out draconian justice system do you support that someone posts something you disagree with on an internet message board, so you wish for them to get an infection?

I'm honestly perplexed.
Quote by LolCatGuitar
its koo i dunt like cawks

I hope you end up liking cawks!
I hope I end up liking cawks!

Look at yourselves!
Now, look at me!
BWAHAHAHARRRR
Page 1 of 2