Page 1 of 2
Well?

I have spent 10 yrs with my partner, who, at times is violent, has broken my arm before now and many more incidents like that, but in fairness we have a great lifestyle.

In the meantime, I met someone half my age (47 and 25), who I am madly in love with and that love is reciprocated.

If I leave the abuser, I lose out hugely financially, but I build a new life with my new partber. Or do I stay and hope there is change when everything points to there being no chance of that?

Over to the luminaries.....
Half of 47 is not 25.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Quote by jakey333

has broken my arm before

Quote by jakey333

but in fairness we have a great lifestyle.

Does not compute.
Who cares about broken bones, abuse, and violence, when you can have the monies?

amirite?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
User name - jakey333

Implies that you are male of the species.

Now unless you are of the homosexual sort (which is no bother) you are getting your ass handed to you on a plate by a female???

Grow some ****ing balls and show her where the kitchen is
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
User name - jakey333

Implies that you are male of the species.

Now unless you are of the homosexual sort (which is no bother) you are getting your ass handed to you on a plate by a female???

Grow some ****ing balls and show her where the kitchen is

I'm gay.
Quote by jakey333
I'm gay.

ewwwwwwwwww

Only messing

Stop being the bitch and him where the kitchen is
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Quote by slash_GNR666
ewwwwwwwwww

Only messing

Stop being the bitch and him where the kitchen is

In truth, I could beat him shitless, but I don't believe in violence and that's not the basis for a relationship. And, the arm incident pales into insignifcance compared to other things.
You should leave. Do you like your current partner? If you're only with him for his money, then know that I'm judging you hard from behind my keyboard. >: (

When I can't make a decision, I consider how both options make me feel. Such a simple thing to do, but we don't give our feelings enough weight. Instead, we ignore the feelings and try to decide things based on pros and cons. And that doesn't always work for emotional issues like this.

How does the thought of staying with your current partner make you feel? If it makes you feel bad when you think about it, then you should probably leave.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Jul 25, 2011,
Quote by jakey333
In truth, I could beat him shitless, but I don't believe in violence and that's not the basis for a relationship. And, the arm incident pales into insignifcance compared to other things.

Not believing in violence doesn't mean that you shouldn't defend yourself from an aggressor.

Frankly, if there's any violence being directed towards someone in a relationship, it's time to get the hell out of town.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

was GONNA say "is she fit? if so... hit that."

BUT

that's not part of the scenario now...

do what you feel is right for YOU.
if it involves losing out financially then is that a real issue? i know you might not be able to afford luxuries but as the beatles said "money can't buy me love" and often, as you'll know yourself, some of the best times are the free ones.
so is money something you massively desire, or can it be done without?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Abunai X
You should leave. Do you like your current partner? If you're only with him for his money, then know that I'm judging you hard from behind my keyboard. >: (

When I can't make a decision, I consider how both options make me feel. Such a simple thing to do, but we don't give our feelings enough weight. Instead, we ignore the feelings and try to decide things based on pros and cons. And that doesn't always work for emotional issues like this.

How does the thought of staying with your current partner make you feel? If it makes you feel bad when you think about it, leave.

Thanks for this. Really solid. No, it's not quite like that- we've built businesses and we own houses together, although in fairness, the business is more his than mine, despite my large input to it.

In answer, one makes me feel depressed and frenetic, one make me smile and feel calm.
Quote by jakey333

Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by jakey333
Thanks for this. Really solid. No, it's not quite like that- we've built businesses and we own houses together, although in fairness, the business is more his than mine, despite my large input to it.

In answer, one makes me feel depressed and frenetic, one make me smile and feel calm.

If you have businesses and property together, is your name on the deeds for any of that? The mortgages, etc?

If so, legally you are entitled to your share, regardless of whether or not you're in a relationship with the other owner.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

piss in his cereal every morning and watch him eat it, asking if its good, with this look on your face
>: D
Quote by metacarpi
Not believing in violence doesn't mean that you shouldn't defend yourself from an aggressor.

Frankly, if there's any violence being directed towards someone in a relationship, it's time to get the hell out of town.

Hmmmm....well, if I told you he is HIV + and I am HIV -, and then I told you, in rage, on two occasions he has deliberately tried to infect me, then you'll see the arm is small beer.

Although, I feel desperately sorry for him and what happened regarding his HIV status and I understand that it creates anger inside.
Quote by jakey333
Hmmmm....well, if I told you he is HIV + and I am HIV -, and then I told you, in rage, on two occasions he has deliberately tried to infect me, then you'll see the arm is small beer.

Although, I feel desperately sorry for him and what happened regarding his HIV status and I understand that it creates anger inside.

Leave. Now
Quote by StewieSwan
Half of 47 is not 25.

Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
Quote by jakey333

Not only should you leave, you should call the police on him. Why would you even be with a person like that?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by jakey333

There is no contest anymore. No matter how angry he is, such behaviour is inexcuseable. You need to get the hell out right now. You're courting with death, here.
XIAOXI
Quote by StewieSwan
Not only should you leave, you should call the police on him. Why would you even be with a person like that?

Because I made allowances for his situation and always hoped things would get better. And I did call the police and they begged me to press charges but I refused.
Quote by jakey333
Because I made allowances for his situation and always hoped things would get better. And I did call the police and they begged me to press charges but I refused.

I bet you're always on the receiving end, too.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
1. Beat your wife up.
2. Sell the wedding rings.
3. Run away with hot 25 year old.
4. Profit????
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by jakey333

What the actual fuck man?? That is fucking illegal. Call the fucking cops on him. Why would you fucking stay with someone who has tried to kill you? fucking distance yourself from him man. He's gonna die soon anyway. If you stop fucking caring about him you won't see it as a tragedy as much. Seriously man.
Quote by StewieSwan
I bet you're always on the receiving end, too.

Ha! Far from it. I am a butch queen.
after reading updates since my last post, get out of there man, it'd probably be best for you all round.
then if you want to, repost him to the police, if not then don't. ball's in your court.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Holy **** TS, please get the hell out of there.

At least ask yourself if the money you earn compensates for the disgusting behaviour of your partner. (I really hope your answer is no.) No amount of money- not even £billions- would make me want to share my life with someone like that.
Quote by Woffelz
1. Beat your wife up.
2. Sell the wedding rings.
3. Run away with hot 25 year old.
4. Profit????

Hahaha obviously hasn't read the whole thread

OT: Yeah get the hell out of there, stick with the young 'un
Agreed with everyone else. Bite the bullet and ****ing do one.
'Always outnumbed, never outgunned'
PSN + XBL: Jimsworthy

Charvel So-Cal ProMod Black
Ibanez RG350Dx W/ Duncans
Blackstar HT Stage 100
ASshdown 4x12
Morley George Lynch Dragon Wah II
Re the 'young un', he emailed me the words to Bruno Mars' Grenade this morning and said that summed up how he feels about me. Made me pretty upset.

The abuser ridicules my taste in music; the young 'un told me discovering David Gilmour and Floyd was one of the best things that had ever happened to him
Wait wait wait! He not only broke your arm but has also tried to infect you with HIV on two occasions... And you're asking yourself if you should leave him for a 27 year old?

I see two options:
1 - TROLL IN THE DUNGEON! - I give this one 80% possibility.
2 - You're serious. Get a phuckin' restraining order! Leave him.(20%)

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Jul 25, 2011,
Gah I hate this thread....As much as I wanna believe you TS I just can't......I can't help feel that everyone is slowly being trolled

If real, then get out of that relationship or you will end up dead

If troll

Edit: @JamSessionFreak

Get out of my head Charles!!
Quote by lambofgod127

Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Jul 25, 2011,
Quote by jakey333
Re the 'young un', he emailed me the words to Bruno Mars' Grenade this morning and said that summed up how he feels about me. Made me pretty upset.

The abuser ridicules my taste in music; the young 'un told me discovering David Gilmour and Floyd was one of the best things that had ever happened to him

He's a Pink Floyd fan? Well this really complicates things now...

Oh wait, actually it doesn't. Leave him, he sounds like a dick man.
Also if you are trolling I would like to congratulate you; it's been a long time since I've seen a proper troll instead of the obvious teens with problems yelling 'I <3 JB, ROCK IS GAY!!!!!!!!!!'.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Jul 25, 2011,
Page 1 of 2