Hi everyone,
I'm rather stuck for songs to learn at the moment, and looking for some suggestions. I'd say im an intermediate guitarist, and i wanna start playing some rock or punk (basically anything with distortion :P) etc. I'm into the likes of Ozzy (Big fan of Randy Rhoads), Iron maiden, the darkness, Sum 41, blink 182 basically anything. I want something challenging but aint gonna take me years to learn. Thanks Guys
What tunings can you accommodate?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Iron Maiden - Children Of The Damned, Twilight Zone, Hallowed Be Thy Name
Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf
Arctic Monkeys - Still Take You Home
Bad Brains - At The Movies, Banned In D.C
Metallica - Ride The Lightening, For Whom The Bell Tolls
Dead Kennedys - Holiday In Cambodia, Drug Me, California Uber Alles
Muse - Hysteria, In Your World, The Small Print
Rage Against The Machine - Bombtrack, Know Your Enemy, Killing In The Name
Stiff Little Fingers - Tin Soldiers
The Strokes - Heart In A Cage
Strung Out - Never Speak Again
Sum 41 - Bitter End, Hooch

Edit:
Slayer - Raining Blood
The Police - Message In A Bottle
Franz Ferdinand - This Fire, Cheating On You
Black Flag - My War
Last edited by SumFX at Jul 25, 2011,
Obviously Standard, drop D, half step down (dunno it's 'technical' name) never tried much more really. Gotta be careful too cos my guitar needs a damn good setup. It's a HSS strat by the way if that helps.
Quote by SumFX
Iron Maiden - Children Of The Damned, Twilight Zone, Hallowed Be Thy Name
Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf
Arctic Monkeys - Still Take You Home
Bad Brains - At The Movies, Banned In D.C
Metallica - Ride The Lightening, For Whom The Bell Tolls
Dead Kennedys - Holiday In Cambodia, Drug Me, California Uber Alles
Muse - Hysteria, In Your World, The Small Print
Rage Against The Machine - Bombtrack, Know Your Enemy, Killing In The Name
Stiff Little Fingers - Tin Soldiers
The Strokes - Heart In A Cage
Strung Out - Never Speak Again
Sum 41 - Bitter End, Hooch

Thanks
You could try some of Lamb of God's earlier stuff. They're in drop D, and it's not as complex as their newer material is. If you can go to C, you could do Killswitch Engage, which is pretty moderate-low intermediate stuff.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
No worries man.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
If you're into punk and rock, definitely take a look at Rise Against. Pretty simple songs, but they're fun to play. They use Eb standard (half-step down) tuning, so it's in your range.

Definitely learn a couple of your favorite Maiden and Ozzy songs. If you can't handle the solos right now, just do the rhythm parts (though most of the solos that Maiden and Rhoads did weren't impossibly hard if you take the time to practice them and build your speed slowly).

Really, the best answer to your question is to learn songs you like. If you hear a song you like a lot, definitely go for it. Now, if you want some songs that will really challenge you a bunch, take a look at the sticky at the top of the forum.
by intermediate you mean.....? by saying intermediate doesn't mean anything. Do you want to just play a song or learn it? theres a difference. Learning you know whats happening (technique wise and theory wise). playing you just look it up on guitar pro and play the notes. LEARNING a song can be beneficial to your own playing....although i dont know if you know any theory at all...but if you do..learn it and find out whats going on and possibly it can spark on idea for a composition.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
I'm sorta picking bits up with theory and im willing to learn a bit more. But yes i'd like to learn songs to the best of my ability. And by saying intermediate i was getting at my skill level cos theres a huge difference between playing a song with 3 chords and a song with a monster solo in it???
I think Premonition by Joe Satriani is pretty fun to play, while still being relatively easy.
Quote by strat0blaster
You could try some of Lamb of God's earlier stuff. They're in drop D, and it's not as complex as their newer material is. If you can go to C, you could do Killswitch Engage, which is pretty moderate-low intermediate stuff.

Yes Killswitch Engage is fun to play ,,
but what about Lamb of God , what kinda band is it ? what genre ?? and sounds like ?