My favorite band is kiss especially the ace frehley era . I have a strat. Really the only music i like alot is rock. So if anyone knows easy songs by these groups let me knoiw
1- kiss
2- shinedown
3- eric clapton
4- guns n roses
5-ac/dc
6- motley crue
7- led zeppelin
also if anyone has any soloing tips i would like to know a little also especially right hand tapping
AC/DC- Thunderstruck, Back in Black (besides solos), Dirty Deeds, Highway to Hell, etc. A lot of popular stuff by them is pretty easy.
Im at the same stage with 2 years playing and liking the same music, however i dont think its down to how long youve played but more what you've skill level is so far. If you dont already try Tux guitar (its free) and download some guitar pro versions of songs you like and try and learn them from there.
Quote by powerslave34
My favorite band is kiss especially the ace frehley era . I have a strat. Really the only music i like alot is rock. So if anyone knows easy songs by these groups let me knoiw
1- kiss
2- shinedown
3- eric clapton
4- guns n roses
5-ac/dc
6- motley crue
7- led zeppelin
also if anyone has any soloing tips i would like to know a little also especially right hand tapping

well except maybe motley crue none of those bands do fingertapping so i wouldn't concentrate to much on that. AC/DC and Kiss would be the best place to start as most of their tunes are pretty easy to play. make sure you have a solid grasp on barre chords and the various pentatonic scales used by both bands.
haven't you got another thread where you said you only liked metal, and that alice in chains weren't metal enough?

anyways, if you count cream as eric clapton, sunshine of your love's easy as hell. learn led zep songs like dazed and confused, communication breakdown and stairway. you can't get the tabs in britain thou

you're not gonna find much right hand tapping in those songs, try eruption, the tapping bit's really easy as it sounds pretty good even if you can't [play it at full speed
Last edited by teh_goon at Jul 27, 2011,
practice.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
practice.

^This lol.
For soloing learn the major and minor Click ME scales to start off with and go from there.
After you have those down start learning Hammer-on's, Pull-off's, Bends.
In regards to "any advice":

When you hit that "wall" where you don't feel like you're getting any better and haven't gotten any better in the last X amount of months, don't stop or slow down, just play more, and keep with it.
Where's Waldo?
Don't bother with easy songs. Learn the songs you like from those bands. If they're hard, buckle down and practice. If they're easy, who cares? It's what you want to play. You're not gonna see a whole lot of right hand tapping in those bands you listed. There are some bands similar to the ones you listed that feature more technically challenging solos. Van Halen is the first to come to mind.

If you want some really severely challenging stuff to learn (and there's no better way to build your skills than to learn challenging songs), check out The Scorpions and Deep Purple. Alternately, you could just go balls to the wall and go find some random-assed thrash metal band you like to look at.