Page 1 of 2
I had a C1 hellraiser FR for a few years. I loved the look of the guitar and it had some good features but the neck was way too fat and I hated the sound of the EMGs. When I switched to my RG prestige it blew it out of the water.
Quote by Necronomicon
I had a C1 hellraiser FR for a few years. I loved the look of the guitar and it had some good features but the neck was way too fat and I hated the sound of the EMGs. When I switched to my RG prestige it blew it out of the water.

You can't really compare a C-1 to a Prestige. Prestige is a higher end guitar. The C-1 is midrange at best.

To the OP, Schecters are good guitars. Better then most guitars in the 500 below range
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Agree with DamagingExcess. For the price, Schecters are pretty damn good guitars. I've got a Tempest Custom that's been through hell, but it still sounds and plays really good.
yeah i dont like fat necks,feel like im playing a baseball bat!thats quite offputting.
i dont mind spending another 100-150 if its gunna be a higher quality.my ltd plays like a dream,but i want something different.preferably a strat.i have contacted the blokes at gaskell direct,what they offer has the fat neck too..all the ibanez's and what not i've looked at are either high prices,or black.i'm over black guitars!
how about the jackson dinky?
if i had it my way,the jackson i'd (one day)get would be a rr flying v!but i dont have that kinda cash!
I have the schecter c-1 elite with duncan distortions (I hate active pups), and it is probably my favorite guitar under $1000

It has grover tuners that honetly never go out of tune, and the neck feels great to me.

Also check out the ESP 401VF - I played it at the store and loved it, will be my next guitar.
Marshall DSL 40C
Gibson Les Paul Classic Lemonburst 2014
ENGL Fireball 60
Peavey 5150 412 Straight
CRATE Blue Voodoo BV120HB
CRATE GT412SL 4x12 Cab
Peavey Vypyr 15
Schecter C1-Elite w/Duncan Distortions
its weird when people say Schecters have thick necks, because compared to my Fender Strat, mine has a thinner neck
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
its weird when people say Schecters have thick necks, because compared to my Fender Strat, mine has a thinner neck

That's because people are stupid and love to bitch about everything. They blow everything out of proportion
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Quote by DamagingExcess
That's because people are stupid and love to bitch about everything. They blow everything out of proportion

This is entirely true. I've seen posts saying Schecter necks are "like baseball bats" and saying how they can't stand to play them because the neck is too thick. Such bull. Schecters are great guitars, but of course an RG Prestige that costs $1200 is going to be better. If you are fine with EMGs (normally it's a love/hate relationship) then go for it. I play lead in a prog metal band, and I do a lot of shreddy type stuff, and my Schecter works great for me.
BTW, I always love seeing posts from lefties. There aren't many of us (at least that I know of).
Last edited by Zelos45 at Jul 25, 2011,
Quote by DamagingExcess

This is true... especially proven time and time again when fanboys on this site hype up schecs to be far superior then they actually are.
Quote by jsspang
This is true... especially proven time and time again when fanboys on this site hype up schecs to be far superior then they actually are.

Because they are bad guitars right? I was never defending the fanboys, I was just saying that people in general are stupid
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Good guitars, especially for the price as everyone's already said. I'm with a couple of the other guys though on actives, I have a hellraiser and I hate them but some people like them
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
great guitars, they have a nice lefty selection as well. You cant really go wrong with a schecter, solid guitars for the price. The naysayers cant find anything but mediocre things to bitch about on them. I personally hate ibanez, have played some horrible playing ones, but i wont run around spreading hate...it is what it is with elitist dildos around here.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by DamagingExcess
Because they are bad guitars right? I was never defending the fanboys, I was just saying that people in general are stupid

I don't recall saying they are bad guitars. I would put them in a category between good and bad... mediocre comes to mind.

I was actually refering to what you said about people being stupid, love to bitch and always blowing things out of proportion on this site.

Seriously, a 400 or 500, hell even a 600 schec is better then any guitar under 1000? Get real. PRS,Fender, Ibanez, Gibson, Parker, G&L, ESP, Dean, hell even epi all make products under 1000 superior to schecs.
Last edited by jsspang at Jul 25, 2011,
Quote by jsspang
I don't recall saying they are bad guitars. I would put them in a category between good and bad... mediocre comes to mind.

I was actually refering to what you said about people being stupid, love to bitch and always blowing things out of proportion on this site.

Seriously, a 400 or 500, hell even a 600 schec is better then any guitar under 1000? Get real. PRS,Fender, Ibanez, Gibson, Parker, G&L, ESP, Dean, hell even epi all make products under 1000 superior to schecs.

Lol I never said that. And them being not being "superior" is down to your opinion and not a fact
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
I know you didn't say that, But someone on this thread did... and you see it on this site every thread someone asks about guitars.
Last edited by jsspang at Jul 25, 2011,
hey drawnacrol thats a cool vid mate,thanx dude!you guitar looks real nice!
well i guess i have learnt this:
they are good guitars,but they are crap.
the emg's are crap.
it has a huge fat neck,but its not that fat....
hhhmmm...
i consider my epiphone to have a fat neck,however..becauase its a different shape,it influences my to play different stuff..if that makes sense.
my ltd has an awesome shred neck,but fear i wont be able to afford a half decent superstrat in that price.aroud the $700-800aud.
Quote by DamagingExcess
You can't really compare a C-1 to a Prestige. Prestige is a higher end guitar. The C-1 is midrange at best.

The C-1 is a body style. The come at every level of quality.
I used to have a Jackson js32t guitar an it had a thin neck. I then got my hellraiser an I love the neck of it, it's like perfect for the size of my hand's. It's not to thin or to fat it feel's like it is in between.
Quote by jpnyc
The C-1 is a body style. The come at every level of quality.

... This dude serious right now?
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Quote by DamagingExcess

Honestly C-1's do fall into every level of schec price ranges. Will I say they are outright better than a prestige...no. Will I say they High end ones are comparable to prestige...yes. The build quality is solid, they sound great, they play great, and they use quality parts.

Honestly you're coming off as a bit of an Ibanez fanboy to me. Personally I'm not a fan of the paper thin neck on ibbys, and esp's. So if I'm looking for something in the price range of a thousand bucks I'm prolly gonna look at a higher end shec for one of my choices.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by repairmanjack
Honestly C-1's do fall into every level of schec price ranges. Will I say they are outright better than a prestige...no. Will I say they High end ones are comparable to prestige...yes. The build quality is solid, they sound great, they play great, and they use quality parts.

Honestly you're coming off as a bit of an Ibanez fanboy to me. Personally I'm not a fan of the paper thin neck on ibbys, and esp's. So if I'm looking for something in the price range of a thousand bucks I'm prolly gonna look at a higher end shec for one of my choices.

... I don't even own a ****ing Ibanez lol. I love Schecters, in fact I'm usually defending them against all the hipsters who hate them. But I'm a realist and know that most Schecters are not as good as a Prestige Ibby. The prestige Ibanez's feel just that bit more perfect to me. I love Schecters and always will
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Last edited by DamagingExcess at Jul 26, 2011,
Quote by DamagingExcess
... I don't even own a ****ing Ibanez lol. I love Schecters, in fact I'm usually defending them against all the hipsters who hate them. But I'm a realist and know that most Schecters are not as good as a Prestige Ibby. The prestige Ibanez's feel just that bit more perfect to me. I love Schecters and always will

I'll admit that most schecters are not as good as prestige ibbys...but once you hit about the 7-800 dollar mark I think you can start comparing the two. Different people are always looking for different things. But overall I think the build quality is right about the same.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I have a Schecter C1 Plus (+) and I've gotta say, for a guitar of it's price, I don't think it's even close to any guitar in the price range.....because it's way better! But I can say I love it for hours on end, and it wont make a difference as to whether or not you do too. As some have said, the necks on Schecter's are bigger, with jumbo frets, which I personally enjoy, because I have big hands. It's all feel, you gotta find out for yourself.

Before someone points it out, of course I'm a Schecter fan boy. But I'm not exaggerating, they are wonderful guitars.
Last edited by lespaulkid123 at Jul 26, 2011,
righto peoples...enough fighting.
i just wanted opinions.
and i did find a place in melbourne that stocks them.at a far cheaper price than america.
sounds like its 50/50 really.
well on the upside...if i buy it and its good,well its 500 gone...if its crap,well i got ripped 500.
im not expecting anything outragous,considering the price.
Just for a quick comparison...

Schecter Solo 6 Custom:

Construction: Set-neck with Ultra Access neck joint
Body: Mahogany
Top: Flame maple
Neck: 3-piece mahogany
Scale: 24-3/4"
Fingerboard: Ebony
Frets: 22 medium
Inlays: Mother-of-pearl split-crown
Binding: Multi-ply Crème
Bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom humbucker
Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan '59 humbucker
Electronics: Vol/Vol/Tone (coil-splitting)/3-way switch
Bridge: TonePros Tune-o-matic with stop bar tailpiece
Tuners: Schecter locking with pearl buttons
Hardware: Chrome

Gibson Les Paul Standard

Body Wood: Chambered mahogany
Top wood: Plain maple
Scale Length: 24-3/4"
Neck Joint: Set-in
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Fretboard: Rosewood
Plek'd on Gibson PLek Machine
Neck Shape: Asymetrical
Frets: 22
Nut Width: 1.695"
Fretboard Radius: 12"
Bridge: TonePros locking Nashville Tune-O-Matic
Tailpiece: Locking TonePros
Pickup Bridge: Burstbucker Pro with Alnico V
Pickup Neck: Burstbucker Pro with Alnico V
Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone with gold-plated Bourns-designed pots, 3-way selector
Tuners: Locking Grover
Jack: Neutrik locking
Binding: top and neck
Finish: Lacquer

Schecter price tag: $699 (USD)

Gibson price tag: $2499 (USD)

I don't see the $1800 difference.

Lower end of any brand will obviously not compete with another higher end products, no matter what the brand. However, go into the high end of both brands, and you'll start to see a massive shift in price to quality differences.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
I have a Schecter and love it. In my humble opinion, for the price they can't be beaten. They're very well built guitars at an amazing price.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
they are good sounding guitars, but they might come with problems with wiring like alot of schecters owners do. the neck being fat can get used to, but the heaviness of the neck is terrible. Set neck fr schecters like mine have terrible sustain. But they still sound good. I havent tried any other schecters other than my own, but my guitar(in my sig) left a bad immpresion on me about schecter quality.

Overall, good sound, terrible feel
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by bustapr
they are good sounding guitars, but they might come with problems with wiring like alot of schecters owners do. the neck being fat can get used to, but the heaviness of the neck is terrible. Set neck fr schecters like mine have terrible sustain. But they still sound good. I havent tried any other schecters other than my own, but my guitar(in my sig) left a bad immpresion on me about schecter quality.

You can't judge the quality of a company on one guitar. You have to base it on my different kinds of their guitars
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Quote by DamagingExcess
You can't judge the quality of a company on one guitar. You have to base it on my different kinds of their guitars

well yeah thats true but I can get an idea of what others might be like based of my one guitar. My main problem with my schecter is the weight and balance of the neck and the pickup selector that fails to switch to my bridge pickup randomly. and alot of people have had those problems.

I know that I might pick up an omen 6 and say, "wow this guitar feels great!", but i still wont be confident about their build quality.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by Devopast
Just for a quick comparison...

Schecter Solo 6 Custom:

Construction: Set-neck with Ultra Access neck joint
Body: Mahogany
Top: Flame maple
Neck: 3-piece mahogany
Scale: 24-3/4"
Fingerboard: Ebony
Frets: 22 medium
Inlays: Mother-of-pearl split-crown
Binding: Multi-ply Crème
Bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan Custom humbucker
Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan '59 humbucker
Electronics: Vol/Vol/Tone (coil-splitting)/3-way switch
Bridge: TonePros Tune-o-matic with stop bar tailpiece
Tuners: Schecter locking with pearl buttons

Gibson Les Paul Standard

Body Wood: Chambered mahogany
Top wood: Plain maple
Scale Length: 24-3/4"
Neck Joint: Set-in
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Fretboard: Rosewood
Plek'd on Gibson PLek Machine
Neck Shape: Asymetrical
Frets: 22
Nut Width: 1.695"
Fretboard Radius: 12"
Bridge: TonePros locking Nashville Tune-O-Matic
Tailpiece: Locking TonePros
Pickup Bridge: Burstbucker Pro with Alnico V
Pickup Neck: Burstbucker Pro with Alnico V
Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone with gold-plated Bourns-designed pots, 3-way selector
Tuners: Locking Grover
Jack: Neutrik locking
Binding: top and neck
Finish: Lacquer

Schecter price tag: $699 (USD)

Gibson price tag: $2499 (USD)

I don't see the $1800 difference.

Lower end of any brand will obviously not compete with another higher end products, no matter what the brand. However, go into the high end of both brands, and you'll start to see a massive shift in price to quality differences.
And this is why people get annoyed at Schecter and Agile fanboys. Yeah, on paper the Schecter sounds just as good as the Gibson. But it's built in Korea, and doesn't use choice woods. I do believe part of the Gibson high price is the name, but they've built their name and reputation around building quality instruments. And it also costs more to build in the USA. I know many Americans who will spend a little more on a US made guitar to provide jobs and just because of American pride.

I think Schecters are ok in the mid-range category, but they are hardly the higher-end guitars people make them out to be. If you want to see higher-end Schecters, look at the link I already posted. They build them in Japan and they sell for over 3 times as much.
Quote by bustapr

Because... you know... feel isn't a personal opinion thing or anything
Honestly I find most Gibson Les Pauls to play pretty badly, but people like Joe Perry and Slash would probably feel a little bit differently.

As far as TS is concerned, from I understand, schecters get a little bit overpriced for europeans. But if you can find one that will cost the same as it would for an American, then hell yeah, go for it.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
They're good for the price. They look pretty nice, and offer good pickups, which a lot don't in that price range. The necks are on the thicker side, but imo not a "baseball bat" as some have mentioned. IMO, if you're looking for a workhorse that will last awhile for 500-700, I'd go for a Schecter. Any higher, you probably have some better options.
Quote by W4RP1G
And this is why people get annoyed at Schecter and Agile fanboys. Yeah, on paper the Schecter sounds just as good as the Gibson. But it's built in Korea, and doesn't use choice woods. I do believe part of the Gibson high price is the name, but they've built their name and reputation around building quality instruments. And it also costs more to build in the USA. I know many Americans who will spend a little more on a US made guitar to provide jobs and just because of American pride.

I think Schecters are ok in the mid-range category, but they are hardly the higher-end guitars people make them out to be. If you want to see higher-end Schecters, look at the link I already posted. They build them in Japan and they sell for over 3 times as much.

I'm not saying that Schecter is anywhere the company that Gibson is. What I'm saying is that those two guitars are not an $1800 difference apart. Also, don't get started with the "choice woods" bit. They're both Mahogany with maple tops. Unless you have the shipping prints of where they get their wood from, you can't begin to make that argument.

No schecter's line guitars aren't "high-end." Neither is a LP standard. Schecter's Custom made guitars, along with any other brand's custom made guitars are high quality. Anything that's made as a recurring factory run guitar isn't "high-end."

At the end of the day though, doesn't matter what wood, brand, shape, or country it's built in. If you like it, buy it.
1996 Fender American Telecaster
Schecter Omen 6
VOX AC-15
Alvarez PF2005
1985 PROCO RAT II
BOSS DS-1, DD3, SD-1, TU-3, NS-2
Danelectro Overdrive
Jimi Hendrix Wah
EHX LPB-1
MXR Supercomp
Quote by jsspang

notsureiftrolling.jpg

you lost all your credibillity when you mentioned "superior dean" and "under 1000" in the same sentence

do PRS and Gibson even have guitars under a grand?

anyway... if youre looking for a guitar under a grand look into ESP, schecter and ibanez. I havo only tried jackson KE3 kelly and it was sex, however people say thal low end/midrange jacksons are hit and miss, might want to try some of those too tho

as for high end in Europe - RAN guitars
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Quote by DamagingExcess

Yes he's serious and yes he's right, duh. Do some reading. The hellraiser FR I mentioned in my first post retails at $1200, which is definitely comparable to the Ibanez considering I made $50 selling the Schecter to buy the Ibanez. By the way that's much more than the C-1 elite, C-1 blackjack, C-1 classic, C-1 custom, C-1 hellraiser special.... should I go on? Go on the Schecter site, click guitars and click the body shape and you will see everything in the C-1 series. Seriously, you'd think a Schecter fanboy would know his Schecters...
on paper, haha GIBSON SUCKS......a little more for american made, $1800 more is more than a little. And by the way Schecters parts are made in Korea but the guitars are assembled by hand in the USA. so no your statement is false and holds no water. Also I own a Schecter love it and love the feel of it. but im not a fanboy, I also own an American made Fender strat, also better then gibson, but i still put my schecter right there with my fender in quality and the Fender was only $300 more not $1800 more like a gibson. $699 for my schecter, $999 for my Fender, GIBSON = WALLET RAPE
Page 1 of 2