So.. I have a 120Watts amp,Bugera 333xl ...and of course to play at home..is a pain in the "neck" .
I have a small stupid question. The amp has 2 speakers (I have a combo). May I disconnect one with no problem(I think they are in series)? Or I can damage something?
Quote by forevertheuni
So.. I have a 120Watts amp,Bugera 333xl ...and of course to play at home..is a pain in the "neck" .
I have a small stupid question. The amp has 2 speakers (I have a combo). May I disconnect one with no problem(I think they are in series)? Or I can damage something?

the speakers are less than 120W ea..

and maybe the independance may not be right...

and 120W tube amp through a lesser than 120W cabinet may damage the speakers
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
IF you keep the volume down, and it has an impedance selector (you'll need to change that to whatever impedance 1 speaker has...guessing you'll have to double it i.e. if it's on 4 now, switch to 8. 8 to 16)you'll be fine.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
What are you trying to accomplish by unhooking one speaker? It's not going to make a noticable difference in volume...
Should be a 3dB drop....not huge, but might help at very low volumes.
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by Vinson
Should be a 3dB drop....not huge, but might help at very low volumes.

i think less...

3dB less = 50% less sound ( IIRC )
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
soo i am wrong?

please explain me how things is plz
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
TS - no you can't.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I've never heard 3dB being equated to half the sound as you put it...but more that it takes twice the amplifier power to create a volume increase of 3dB.

That being said, the fact remains that 3dB is barely perceivable to most people...and the amp has a master volume that is much more effective than removing a speaker.
Buy an eq pedal, put it in the loop. Turn the eq pedal down - sorted!
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
It's not 3dB different. The power that would have gone to that one speaker is simply going to go to the other speaker. It would be 3dB different if you put a power resistor in place of the speaker, so it used the power but did not make sound.

Adding and removing speakers does not change the volume, unless the efficiency of the speakers is different. It's a common misconception that more speakers means louder. It does not. More speakers 'throw' the sound in a wider pattern, resulting in a more even volume spread, but adding more speakers (assuming they are the same speaker) will not make the amp louder; when you have a 100 watt amp, it is 100 watts regardless of whether that's 100 x 1 speaker or 12.5 x 8.

On the other hand, getting a small extension cab with an inefficient speaker and then muffling that cab is a good way to lower volume for home practice.
No

It has master volume. Just turn it down.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Guys you're screwed for playing in a house unless you buy an all tube blackstar ht1.

DONT UZ KNOW NEFIN.

master volume!
poppycock!
Doubling the cone area doubles (+3dB) the volume.
Thank you all for the answers. I have a multi-effects in the loop. I use the pedal often for this. What I do as well is to use the clean channel and use the distortions and stuff with the multi-effects.

Thanks for the information.