Here's the deal:

I've got an Ibanez RG7321. I really like the feel of the instrument and it's really fun to play on. However, the stock pups aren't really doing it for me. They're passable, but I'm looking at possibly starting to play live more and definitely recording more, so I'd like to get a hold of some pups to improve my sound.

I play a lot of progressive metal, especially classically inspired metal and djent (yes, I'm one of them).

I'd really like a neck pup that will give me a warm, even sound even with large amounts of distortion and compression. The one in my guitar right now isn't really high enough output and it doesn't have particularly even response across the neck. I've been looking at the DiMarzio Liquifire 7 and the D-Activator on the neck. How does that compare to other similarly designed and priced neck pickups? Any recommendations for other pups to look at for my neck?

I haven't really looked much at bridge pups, but I'd like something that can handle (again) high gain and lots of distortion while still maintaining clarity for each note. I'd like something with good output. The DiMarzio Crunch Lab looks pretty good to me, but I'd like some second opinions. How does it stack up against other pickups in the price range?

Keep in mind that I prefer passive pickups to actives, so I'd prefer to avoid those.

Thanks!
Lundgren M-7 for the bridge would be tasty. I have an M-6 and it sounds awesome. Maybe look at some Bareknuckles as well?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Seymore Duncan makes 7-String Blackouts now, check those out!!
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I'm in the same boat with my RG1527 and its a toss up between the Crunchlab and Barknucle Aftermath for the bridge and as for the neck I'm thinking Liquifire if i get the Crunchlab and maybe a cold sweat or miracle man in the neck.

decisions decisions....
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Q Tuners pickups
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Depending on your budget, i would go with Lundgrens or some BareKnuckles, 100% worth it just do some research. =D
BKP Cold Sweat is the best neck pickup I've ever tried, its so smooth for leads and pairs well with a lot of pickups. As for getting a BKP bridge it really depends on what tone your after since their are so many options. Basswood is quite a neutral wood so you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Crunch Lab/Liquifire is a favorite among 7 stringers. I'm getting an RG1527 and putting them in it soon. I've also really liked the sound of the Blaze Custom and D-Sonic in the bridge.
I'm really leaning towards the Liquifire/Crunch Lab combo. If I had the money, I'd go for the BKPs, but I'm on a $200 budget right now.
can't go wrong with bkp for djent but the dimarzios should work too
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Geldin
I'm really leaning towards the Liquifire/Crunch Lab combo. If I had the money, I'd go for the BKPs, but I'm on a $200 budget right now.

i would highly suggest a d sonic (or crunchlab, haven't used it personally but i know its a similar sounding pickup), my d sonic sounds really good in my ibanez, gives the guitar a really clear heavy sound
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.