So inspiration hit yesterday and this pretty much just wrote itself. I'm pretty excited this is the first full length song I've put out in a while. I'm pretty sure it'll make its way onto the EP thats in the works! Let me know what yall think and if everything sounds alright. It may sound alittle repetitious but I left it open for vocals to be added later on, so keep that in mind. I invite comments on the mix and arrangement or any constructive criticism no mater how brutal it is! Thanks dudes!

OMGZOMBIESNWHATNOT!!! by HandofTaurus on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Last edited by Antenna at Jul 26, 2011,
AxeFX? Lucky you :P

Song progresses well and is very fresh. Jeez some of those djenty breaks are tasty! Kit needs a bit of work imho, snare sounds a little overcompressed and buried. Bring it up, drop some compression, add some reverb and let it really sizzle like Periphery's. Cymbals are sounding great though. Leads are nice and your clean tone works wonders. Maybe drop a little bit of gain off the rhythm's but that could just be because I'm listening on $10 in-ear earphones >.>

I love it when inspiration like that hits and everything is so effortless!
Most appreciated dudes!

Drummer - haha, dude I'll never be happy with my kit sound! It's a slow progression. I'll prob leave how compressed my snare is though I like that feel it has to it. Buried, yeah it does seem so, I think i need to eq my bass better because it may be eating up a good bit of my mix. I know my kick is suffering a little from it too. Thanks so much for the Awesome advice and critique and the kind words dude!

Touke - mix is pretty basic (excluding drums) I used 1 compressor and 1 eq on each instrument part. Stillwell's Bombardier compressor is pretty effortless! Filter eq'd 120hz-7.5khz and cut the low mids and a small bit around 3.5khz. Bass I cut 120hz, 400hz, and 2khz. The rest is all guitar tone! Also dude, that Track Under a Frail Aegis, well written track. That mix definitely needs some work. Try that filter eq method I just stated. Eq to taste. Those drums sound buried are they real drums how were they recorded? I'll give you a little more advice when I know how much you have to tweak Thanks so much for the kind words bro!
Last edited by Antenna at Jul 27, 2011,
Quote by Antenna

Touke - mix is pretty basic (excluding drums) I used 1 compressor and 1 eq on each instrument part. Stillwell's Bombardier compressor is pretty effortless! Filter eq'd 120hz-7.5khz and cut the low mids and a small bit around 3.5khz. Bass I cut 120hz, 400hz, and 2khz. The rest is all guitar tone! Also dude, that Track Under a Frail Aegis, well written track. That mix definitely needs some work. Try that filter eq method I just stated. Eq to taste. Those drums sound buried are they real drums how were they recorded? I'll give you a little more advice when I know how much you have to tweak Thanks so much for the kind words bro!

Thanks Drums at the moment are from EZdrummer. I only have the rock settings that it came with, nothing heavy Also I'll try out those settings, thanks for posting them up
Dude you can totally make good settings with the EZdrummer kit.

Compress Those drums and get them EQ'd up and they'll sound mildly close to the sound I have on my tracks. Go to here http://www.stillwellaudio.com/?page_id=342 and download this and the Even Horizon limiter (limiter works good on your master track when you're done mixing).

Set your EZmixer to Multi Out
Get all your kit mics set up so you can start mixing them.
In your daws mixer Bus all your drum mics that correspond with each other,
i.e. Snare mics = bus Tom mics = Seperate Bus from snare mic bus

Now that everything is bussed put a bombadier compressor on each bus and compress each one to smooth out dynamics.

now eq your drums so that they don't fight each other or your guitars or bass and blam you're set dude!

any more Questions, hit me up.