So to help with my music theory learning, i'm trying to figure out what key this song's in

I'm using this tab (NOT my own) http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/b/bullet_for_my_valentine/waking_the_demon_ver3_tab.htm#comments

For the intro, it uses C,B,D,E,F&G, so (I assumed) the key is C

But, in the tremelo picked section and the interlude, an F#'s thrown in, making in G

And then the solo has a small tapping section that throws in a D#

Is this a case of a load of key changes, is the tab off, or are Bullet just not staying in any paticular key?

Thanks in advance
Michael
if the notes in the intro are (C,B,D,E,F&G), the key is C for the intro, but modulating to the key of G can be pulled off very easily, as C and G are only a fifth apart and modulating is easiest to keys with most notes in common (notice they're right next to each other in the circle of fifths). as for the D#, without studying the tab too much its obvious that they use a lot of power chords, and it wouldn't be difficult to borrow from the C diminished scale and throw a D#/Eb for more tension.
PRS SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender CD220CE Acoustic-Electric
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12 60w
I think it is supposed to be in E minor, but for some reason they play an F for the intro riff only, the rest should be E minor I guess.
It's in E Minor. It basically hovers around the E It uses the F in the intro cause they like the sound of it The D# is him using E Harmonic Minor and the F# is in E Minor.

It's all pretty standard stuff.

EDIT: There is no C Diminished anything in there and they don't modulate to G.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's in E Minor. It basically hovers around the E It uses the F in the intro cause they like the sound of it The D# is him using E Harmonic Minor and the F# is in E Minor.

It's all pretty standard stuff.

EDIT: There is no C Diminished anything in there and they don't modulate to G.

yeah, your explanation makes more sense, too much bending over backwards to explain it with mine.
PRS SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender CD220CE Acoustic-Electric
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12 60w