I wasn't sure where to put this, so if I need to move it, let me know.

So my band and I were practicing yesterday and my bass player's amp started making noises that could only be described as a really really rough fart every time he played a note. And then he continued until the sound eventually just died out. We thought it was his cable so he used a different cable. No go.

He uses a bass with EMGs so we threw on new batteries. No dice.

Maybe he blew his speakers? Plausible. So we unplugged one speaker(He has a 2x10) and then the other. Same story.

So we tested the bass itself on his baby bass amp. Nothing. So we tried a bass I keep at my house. Same story on his main amp, but on the little amp it worked fine.

Can anyone tell me what in the world is going on?
You can ask here but honestly the Bass Guitar subforum is probably the better place. They discuss amps over there too. What kind of amp is it? Is it a tube amp? Can you (your friend) inspect the cones of the speakers in cab? Be careful plugging a tube amp into a load (speakers) that are no matched up to the amp.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You can ask here but honestly the Bass Guitar subforum is probably the better place. They discuss amps over there too. What kind of amp is it? Is it a tube amp? Can you (your friend) inspect the cones of the speakers in cab? Be careful plugging a tube amp into a load (speakers) that are no matched up to the amp.

It's solid state. And we tested each speaker individually. They're blown :/