I've been looking around for an overdrive pedal, mainly at tubescreamers (specifically TS9) when I stumbled across the MXR classic overdrive pedal on guitar center, priced at $40. There are fourteen reviews, each giving the item five stars. A lot of people said that the MXR was just as good as a tubescreamer at half the price.

So I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with this MXR pedal, and whether or not it's worth it to buy it instead of the tubescreamer and save $60

Here's the link: http://www.guitarcenter.com/MXR-CL1-Classic-Overdrive-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-105811939-i1524102.gc
In my profile the song Black Cat Boogie uses this pedal into a clean 67 Gibson Hawk amp. The lead slide part uses it and a ring mod. The background rhythm is an RP1000. Both are jacked into the same amp and recorded with a handheld recorder.

Black Cat Boogie
Last edited by fly135 at Jul 25, 2011,
Go to YouTube and listen to it, listen to a tubescreamer, pick the one that you like best.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?