I've always really loved the sound of accented notes. It reminds me of a less ear piercing type of pinch harmonic. Unfortunately i don't exactly know the technique to performing accented notes. Sometimes i can perform them by sort of mimicking the pinch harmonic technique.

I don't know too much about accenting but any information and advice would be appreciated.
The kind of accents i'm going for are similar to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UvyvpmMDHg (Skip to 5:00). There's a lot of accenting in the solo.

Thank you (:

EDIT: Sorry, I realise this doesn't make the best of sense. I was hoping someone could catch onto what i'm so poorly trying to explain? Judging by the responses i could possibly have the whole idea of accented notes completely wrong.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: The particular parts i'm referring to were 5:08, 5:18, 5:20, 5:32.
It doesn't sound like a sound generated from amp settings at all but definitely picking technique. It doesn't sound so much like a pinch harmonic, but if it is.. then i have no idea how one plays a pinch harmonic sounding like that.
Last edited by vayne92 at Jul 25, 2011,
I'm quite confused by this.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by supersac
not sure what you mean by the technique to play accented notes

I don't know too much what i'm talking about either. I was hoping someone would have a good knowledge of accenting and would be able to catch onto what i'm so poorly trying to explain :C
Not sure what part of that solo you meant, but when you are accenting a note you are playing it harder. If you're using a flatpick you're stricking the note you want to be accented with a stronger pick struck.
All I heard were a few bends and pinch harmonics among other things in the solo @ 5:00.
I'm also not sure what you are talking about accenting.

Edit: Yeah just read your edit with the times.
Those are just bends.
Last edited by Quesenek at Jul 25, 2011,
Yup, those are just bends.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com