Well, seeing as how they're celebrating his music and not his ideals, I see nothing wrong with it.
ಠ_ಠ
I heard that Wagner had nothing to do with the Jews, just that Hitler liked him.
What's the big deal?

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am

EDIT: Wait, I'm wrong.
I don't even know what I'm on about
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Last edited by padgea7x at Jul 25, 2011,
What's inappropriate about it? Lots of great achievements and stuff in history were made by people with views that nowadays would be considered despicable. It's exactly like they said, they're dividing the man from his art.

EDIT: ^Ninja'd.
Quote by maggot9779
Ofcourse.

Like the conductor said, people should try to "divide the man from his art".

but im sure he wrote music inspired by his hatred of the jews.
Never heard Wagner?

I'd say you most probably did, except you didn't know it was him.
Quote by Twist of fate
Hipster Hitler would've liked him. I've never even heard of Wagner so yeah.

He's also a fan of Death Camp for Cutie

Quote by Twist of fate

You stay away from my Hipster Hitler!
You've got two more chances. Three Reichs and you're out...
hello
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

So? He could have wrote about ****ing dogs and it wouldn't matter. If people like the music and it conveys some emotion does it really matter what his personal views are?
Quote by Twist of fate

Vaugner totally copied Wagner but Wagner wasn't mainstream enough so no one cared.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
If they want to play it, then go ahead. Personally I wouldn't be able to overcome the ideological part if it were against my race. If it's great art, I can admit that but I still wouldn't be able to perform or promote it.

Quote by Sir-Shredalot

The music itself isn't inspired by hatred against Jews, but he wrote literature that is verbally explicit against them.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jul 25, 2011,
There's an unoficial ban against playing wagner in Israel (as was stated in the article), there was also a ban against playing Richard Strauss around two decades ago (-ish).

I personaly don't mind, but most jewish israelis will I think.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by maggot9779
So? He could have wrote about ****ing dogs and it wouldn't matter. If people like the music and it conveys some emotion does it really matter what his personal views are?

I think it's a little different for Jews. the whole "holocaust" thing and all ...
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
I think it's a little different for Jews. the whole "holocaust" thing and all ...

Well, i'm not Jewish so I can't imagine the emotional baggage they have, but I think i'd be a big enough person to appreciate music for what it is.
Quote by Hells_Bell
There's an unoficial ban against playing wagner in Israel (as was stated in the article), there was also a ban against playing Richard Strauss around two decades ago (-ish).

I personaly don't mind, but most jewish israelis will I think.

Damn...

I want to run around Israel in a cape whistling "Flight of the Valkyries" and the Die Hard tune.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by maggot9779
Well, i'm not Jewish so I can't imagine the emotional baggage they have, but I think i'd be a big enough person to appreciate music for what it is.

so Jews are " little people" for not wanting to celebrate the music of a man who said, "I hold the Jewish race to be the born enemy of pure humanity and everything noble in it." Meanwhile tons of people in the US won't eat at delicious chick fil a because they have employees pray and are an openly Christian business. and people see this as noble, while protesting wagner makes them ignorant small people.

wagners anti-semitism wasn't like our great grandparents' anti-semitism. it wasn't "they never tip me." it was "they are an evil race of people that should be wiped off the face of the earth."
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jul 25, 2011,
Quote by primusfan
so Jews are " little people" for not wanting to celebrate the music of a man who said, "I hold the Jewish race to be the born enemy of pure humanity and everything noble in it." Meanwhile tons of people in the US won't eat at delicious chick fil a because they have employees pray and are an openly Christian business. and people see this as noble, while protesting wagner makes them ignorant small people.

wagners anti-semitism wasn't like our great grandparents' anti-semitism. it wasn't "they never tip me." it was "they are an evil race of people that should be wiped off the face of the earth."

Like I said, I can't imagine the emotional baggage they must have. But even still, I wouldn't refuse to listen to or play music from someone that I despise, it seems like a pointless endeavour.

And I know you'll say "well they don't want to promote his ideals" or whatever, but AGAIN, why can't they appreciate music for what it is? Should I not listen to a beautiful piece of music because an axe murderer wrote it?
I can understand not wanting to play his music but I don't see what the big deal about this is, it isn't like he actually killed anybody. There have been plenty of great artists and scientists for that matter who have held some pretty messed up ideals. That shouldn't lessen the impact of what they contributed IMO unless it directly lead to bad things happening, which I seriously doubt Wagner's music did.
Quote by Grimriffer
Damn...

I want to run around Israel in a cape whistling "Flight of the Valkyries" and the Die Hard tune.

I never actually thought much of Wagner, after I heard he was a huge racist.
Quote by maggot9779

And I know you'll say "well they don't want to promote his ideals" or whatever, but AGAIN, why can't they appreciate music for what it is? Should I not listen to a beautiful piece of music because an axe murderer wrote it?

The common man gives **** all about music/art, and to him it's pointless to accept a piece of music written by someone that hated him/his race...
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by Hells_Bell
The common man gives fuck all about music/art, and to him it's pointless to accept a piece of music written by someone that hated him/his race...
Exactly. Most people are more interested in very simplistic pop music than in great art.
^ I don't blame them. western life is complicated as is. why would they want more complication in their music? I find people appreciate art/music more when life is simpler.
#DTWD
Quote by Twist of fate
GAH! I was being ironic, duh. I'm a vegetaryan

Can you nazi that your pun is painful?

OT: Haters gonna hate. More power to them.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE