I wanna buy one of the two amps but unfortunately do not have the ability to try either.
I have heard mostly great things about the Traynor but some people clam it to be thin and lacks sustain and have not done a indepth good of the Egnater but it seems very promising accept for its lack of visual appeal. Which one do you think i should purchase?
Also my playing still is Classic Rock to Metal with bands including ACDC GNR Zeppelin Sabbath Ozzy Metallica Dio etc Thank you
I have tried a smaller wattage Traynor and enjoyed. However, everytime and twice on Sundays, I would pick the Tourmaster. SO versatile and a truly sweet sounding amp! Good cleans, hits metal(ish) tones. Yep, Tourmaster for me!
Well it depends what version of Metallica tones you looking for. You might well need an OD for some of it! Depends how close you want to nail the tone
Like old school like Ride the Lightning if i need an OD i would rather go for the YCS then
Oh I should say you'll get that album's sound with Tourmaster. Very close at least...

EDIT: I know you have these two specific amps in mind but after re-reading your opening post, you might want to look into the Carvin V3 if you can find it and comes into budget. Now THAT is a versatile amp and will definitely get you into early 'tallica territory as well as the rest of the tones your after.
Last edited by UnicronAlliance at Jul 25, 2011,
Both amps are awesome, it'll come down to your own personal preference I'm afraid.

The Traynor is like a more affordable version of a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL, but with more versatility. 3 totally independent channels with modern or classic gain stages, mid scoop (that'll get you the metallica sound you're after,) reverb, and solo boost, all footswitchable.

Egnators are awesome too, with the same range of features as the Traynors, also very versatile. I think what sets the Egnator apart is its ability to mix the 6L6 and EL34 tube sounds.

Tough choice, I'd go with the Traynor I think, more bang for your buck. I think what you ought to do is you tube both of the amps a few times then try to judge for yourself based on that.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Last edited by Petey D at Jul 26, 2011,
Quote by Petey D
I think what sets the Egnator apart is its ability to mix the 6L6 and EL34 tube sounds.

fixed

but yeah, I would give the slight edge to Egnater for the tube swap ability. Also look at the Egnater Renegade. You can run both 6L6 or EL34s at the same time or put in a vairiety of other power tubes in there. I thought the Tourmaster was bit lackluster compared to the Renegade.

Traynors are awesome too. Tough choice.

There are other amps out there too

PS: No VS. threads
^ +1 The Renegade is pretty awesome.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage