I'm looking for some more fingerpicking songs to learn, preferably on the more intermediate side of the spectrum. I'm trying to find songs that sound darker or more sad. Something similar to Benighted or Face of Melinda by Opeth or The Bard's Song by Blind Guardian would be awesome.
Please don't recommend songs by the Beatles, Zepp, Kansas or RHCP...
Thanks for your suggestions!
Fiddler on the Green by Demons & Wizards, you'll probably like it if you like The Bard Song.

Also, Fade to Black and Nothing Else Matters are pretty popular intermediate fingerpicking songs.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Maybe classical/baroque inspired tune Crimson Tower by Diddsection would be something for you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITxcCylxLSY

This one is more to the easy field and isn't entirely fingerstyle, but it's really beautiful. An arrangement of Ennio Morricone's Ecstasy Of Gold http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G6XcF2-gPY You might recognize it as the opening track that Metallica have used/are using for their shows. It's originally from the movie "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" which you might have seen.
How about Landslide by Fleetwood Mac? Or Kaki King, she's seriously awesome at fingerpicking.
the fiddler on the green is pretty awesome!
i already know nothing else matters and fade to black though, but thanks!

azhark, the ecstasy of gold is awesome as well. im going to try and learn it right now, thanks!

and i'm not really a fan of country or closely related genres (fleetwood mac)..
excuse me for recycling some of the recommendantions that were in this forum before, but some of them are worth be mentioned again.

"Your revolution is a joke" is a very nice fingerstyle song, intermediate but not hard, very fun to play, and it's pretty gloomy.

"Behind the screams" sounds good too, actually I think it's in the same key as my previous suggestion and it gives a gloomy atmosphere too.

"Black hole sun" can be played fingerstyle and it's an awesome song

seems like you're into metal, "Pendulos skin" by Mastodon can be played fingerstyle I believe.

If you like classical music, Etude no. 1 by Villa Lobos is an awesome piece.

If you like to play fingerstyle arrangements of famous songs, I suggest this awesome (beside the horrible reverb) arrangement of Pearl Jam's "Black":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbXFPCqAxhQ

hmm.., "Broken" by Seether is not so much of a intermediate, it's very easy but it sounds great.
"Betterman" by pearl jam has a nice riff which is fun to be played fingerstyled.

My last suggestion may sound weird, but "So sick" by Ne-Yo sounds awesome on guitar, it gives a nice contemplative atmosphere and it's fun to play.
Last edited by ofirariel at Jul 26, 2011,
Thanks for the suggestions ofirariel, a bunch of these are awesome! and you're right I am into metal, and classical.