Page 1 of 2
Greetings,

Me and some friends are going to be spending 4 and a half days in Amsterdam just over a week away. We don't do drugs or hookers, so discount that shit. I'm just wondering if there's anything specific we should see or do (excluding hookers and drugs) or if there's any really good places to eat.

Thanks for all information and suggestions.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
You should still go to the red light district, regardless. Plenty of good bars around there.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
Why are you going to Amsterdam if you don't like hookers or drugs?

This is what i said, basically they wanted to go, and i caved because it would be the only holiday with my friends.

The red light district sucks and is full of nothing but Michael jackson transvestites that just shouldn't exist
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Do drugs and hookers.

Seriously, you need to live a little and snort some coke off a hookers butt cheek!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
You should go to "leidsche plein" it has got al the restaurants and bars you can imagine. The HardRock Cafe is like a 2 minute walk from there. Also try to visit the Paradiso, it's a small concert hall, it's a former church but a lot of giant musicians played there. Think of Metallica, Slash, Prince, and some of them even recorded their live dvd for example the band "Live".
Quote by CrazyPigeon

I'm sorry but he's kinda right.

When someone says Amsterdam, you think

C'mon, it's an expensive city, why go there if not for the urbs?

To more directly answer your question, Amsterdam is a small city with plenty "cultural" things to see. Plenty of museums, the canal etc.

Then again, it is a city known for its tolerance and I think you should take advantage of the legal status of certain...things. Just my opinion.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
You could FINALLY get some...

have you ever had some Izzy?
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by frankie24
You should go to "leidsche plein" it has got al the restaurants and bars you can imagine. The HardRock Cafe is like a 2 minute walk from there. Also try to visit the Paradiso, it's a small concert hall, it's a former church but a lot of giant musicians played there. Think of Metallica, Slash, Prince, and some of them even recorded their live dvd for example the band "Live".

Hey look, a serious response.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by Anthony1991
have you ever had some Izzy?

Don't answer my question with a question!

EDIT:
Ah shit. I just realised I didn't ask a question. Awkward...
Greenhouse effect is a rad wee pub. There is a chinese in the red light district..looks like something from a Bruce Lee film..forget the name of it but anyway had a big red banner. Also the pancakes in most places are good..and chips with mayonaise.

You could have just came to edinburgh..festival is on, we have legal brothels and you can buy good weed everywhere. plus we have a few good local beaches (i was sunning it there yesterday)
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Don't answer my question with a question!

EDIT:
Ah shit. I just realised I didn't ask a question. Awkward...

I'm gonna go with 'no' then

Thank you for some serious responses We're already planning Hard Rock!
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
You're all a bunch of dicks =D

I actually live in Amsterdam (Amsterdam-North, which is outside of the center so famously known for it's drugs and hookers >.> ), and there's more than enough to do here.

Leidseplein (that's the proper spelling) is actually a good suggestion, and you can also just walk around De Dam during the day and see some odd streetperformers if you're into that sort of thing.

There's a lot of bars, music stuff, Boom Chicago (comedyclub), Paradiso and so on here. You just walk around and you'll probably find something you like.

There's also the Amsterdam Dungeon. I've never been there myself, but it sort of portrays a part of Amsterdam history in a bit of a silly manner. Still, you could go, let ME know if it's any fun at all.

You could go to Madame Tussaud's as well? It's right on Dam Square/De Dam. Wax museum, basically...

There's our resident little zoo, Artis, but that's sort of expensive for what it is (namely, a zoo).

There's Vondelpark and a lot of other parks you could just stroll around in, and a shit ton of museums... Perhaps taking one of the canal cruises might help you in picking a museum or two to visit. There should be plenty cruises that pass by those museums.

There's lots of options really, you just have to know where to look. I myself don't really know, though, seeing as I just live here and I'm not all that interested in all the silly things we do around here :P
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.
Quote by Anthony1991
This is what i said, basically they wanted to go, and i caved because it would be the only holiday with my friends.

The red light district sucks and is full of nothing but Michael jackson transvestites that just shouldn't exist

There is no reason for you to go to Amsterdam then bro.
Quote by Anthony1991
basically they wanted to go, and i caved :

Sounds like your friends are going to want to be doing the drugs and hookers stuff. Therefore, I seriously suggest revising your opinions on drugs and hookers, or you're going to end up doing stuff on your own.

Pot's good man. Everyone should try it once.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by KoRnOnA6String
There's also the Amsterdam Dungeon. I've never been there myself, but it sort of portrays a part of Amsterdam history in a bit of a silly manner. Still, you could go, let ME know if it's any fun at all.

haha went there on valentines day with another guy (it was his birthday!)
i found it fairly entertaining, i'd say it was about 33% in dutch which was pretty funny considering half the group we got stuck with were italians who didn't even understand the english sections very well

in one section an actor was hamming it up: "IM GOING TO HIT THE ON THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD WITH A CLUB NOW AND SELL YOU INTO SLAVERY HAHAHAAHHAA I AM EVIL" - about 30 seconds after we left his room he comes through a side door, "excuse me has anyone left their bag in the last room ? " ^_^

also the whole experience wasn't too long which was nice
Quote by funeralllllllll
i found it fairly entertaining, i'd say it was about 33% in dutch which was pretty funny considering half the group we got stuck with were italians who didn't even understand the english sections very well

in one section an actor was hamming it up: "IM GOING TO HIT THE ON THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD WITH A CLUB NOW AND SELL YOU INTO SLAVERY HAHAHAAHHAA I AM EVIL" - about 30 seconds after we left his room he comes through a side door, "excuse me has anyone left their bag in the last room ? " ^_^

It sounds awesome.

Quote by McTodd
Sounds like your friends are going to want to be doing the drugs and hookers stuff. Therefore, I seriously suggest revising your opinions on drugs and hookers, or you're going to end up doing stuff on your own.

Pot's good man. Everyone should try it once.

Nah they're not like that.

I do not wish to try it, that is an end to it.
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by funeralllllllll

Haha, sounds like a jolly good time. Might have to reconsider going there with some of my friends. I'm sure I'm not the only one I know who hasn't been there yet...
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.
Quote by Anthony1991

Hell no.

I went to Amsterdam a few weeks ago thinking that and my god, some of them were hot.
Quote by Anthony1991
I do not wish to try it, that is an end to it.

I can see there's no arguing with you. Have yourself a good time on holiday, sir. My best wishes are with you.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Didn't the Netherlands pass a law, that doesn't allow tourists to get weed?
Quote by Shinami
Didn't the Netherlands pass a law, that doesn't allow tourists to get weed?

I haven't researched it but I doubt it. It would probably destroy a large part of their tourism industry, they couldn't be that naive.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
You're going to Amsterdam. Seriously. You know what you'll do there.
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

Whatever you do, don't plan anything. Just go and walk around the streets, go to a park or something. Do ANYTHING, but DO NOT PLAN IT BEFORE YOU ARE THERE.

You will get the most fun out of it.
At least have weed mr boring.
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
Quote by KoRnOnA6String
You're all a bunch of dicks =D

I actually live in Amsterdam (Amsterdam-North, which is outside of the center so famously known for it's drugs and hookers >.> ), and there's more than enough to do here.

I dont think anyones saying theres nothing else to do, hell any decent sized city should have enough to do it's just that he's against doing what the place is pretty much known for. It'd be like going to NYC and saying 'oh I dont like crowds and big buildings, is there anything to do without those?' or going to Paris and saying 'I dont like art, history, or champagne'
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
You should drunkenly decide "Yeah I'm going to go get a *****!" then walk down the main strip of the Red Light District and realise what a horrible proposition that would actually be.

Also Anne Frank museum seems a pretty obvious choice. One of those history things you feel you need to see at least once.

I've not been in Madame Tussauds, but I know it is VERY expensive.
Quote by consecutive e
I haven't researched it but I doubt it. It would probably destroy a large part of their tourism industry, they couldn't be that naive.

DId pass yet I believe, but they might do that. It might prevent crime, however that didn't help much for the USA, did it? (drug restrictions)
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by CrazyPigeon

Good question.
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Quote by Neo Evil11
DId pass yet I believe, but they might do that. It might prevent crime, however that didn't help much for the USA, did it? (drug restrictions)

I don't see how criminalising a widespread and regulated practice would REDUCE crime. Surely making it illegal would technically massively increase crime?

Quote by consecutive e

I've heard a pretty conservative government have just come into power in Holland and this is one of their plans. Indeed though, it would be a massively stupid thing to do. Amsterdam is an absolutely lovely place in its own right, but removing weed and ***** would still have an undoubtedly massive affect on their tourism.
Quote by MadClownDisease
I don't see how criminalising a widespread and regulated practice would REDUCE crime. Surely making it illegal would technically massively increase crime?

Apparently there is a relationship between the amount of drugusers/tourists in an area and the amount of criminal activity.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Apparently there is a relationship between the amount of drugusers/tourists in an area and the amount of criminal activity.

I don't think any of us want this to turn into a weed legalisation thread and get closed so we should probably stop this before it turns into a real conversation haha
Quote by MadClownDisease
I don't think any of us want this to turn into a weed legalisation thread and get closed so we should probably stop this before it turns into a real conversation haha

Why? I didn't say I agreed with the government. Just explaining their views.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2