Hey! I'm Mikayla. I've been on UG for a couple years to look up chords and tabs and all that good stuff, but I just today decided to sign up to the community! I've had this crappy electric guitar for a couple years, and I've taught myself some Metallica intros and some Aerosmith and Tokio Hotel, Nirvana and whatever else I looked up. I just got my first and amazing acoustic in April and I've been playing nonstop. I love it and I can tell I'm getting better, but I'm still a beginner. Hey, I still consider myself a beginner on the electric too. I've sung my whole life and I started writing songs when I was like 10 or something. My lyrics are good and now that I have this acoustic I've been trying to write chords and just put some music to these songs! I would love to hear from other musicians on this site just to get advice and all. PM me and tell me how you started out or what sort of techniques you use when writing music. (Or someone can show me to a nice big thread with this sort of info ) Thanks everyone!
yooooooooooooooooooo BIIIIIIIIIITTTCHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Jks, i dont right songs so i cant help soz... now every is gonna call me a ****** for being wierd and ******y
^Ignore him.

If you've never checked out the UG community, be warned, there are plenty of idiots, most of whom reside in the Pit. It's all in good fun, though

If you want to look at techniques people use, or anything else regarding song writing, you can check out other's lyrics here , theory behind writing music here , and actual techniques here .

Welcome to the Community
All you need is yo' fingers and the strings
Quote by itamar100
yooooooooooooooooooo BIIIIIIIIIITTTCHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Jks, i dont right songs so i cant help soz... now every is gonna call me a ****** for being wierd and ******y

Check your email inbox for a gift.
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin