I come from almost strictly playing V's and Explorers as my main axes, and I'm kind of interested in picking up an Eclipse or Agile AL of some sort. But I hate guitars that neck dive. My LTD FX-400 neck dives but I'm soon about to move the front strap button to behind the neck joint which should fix it. Is it the same with LP's?

Thanks.
Sorry not to answer your question but im really intrigued, whats neck dive?
My Agile AL-3100 has neck dive, buts its not as bad as other guitars or basses.
Not normally. Les Paul's usually have quite well weighted bodies.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
neck dive is when the neck or headstock is heavy enough to make the neck "dive' towards the ground, making playing uncomfortable sometimes.
Most LP's are heavy guitars, so the answer is no.

Those Agiles play nice as hell for the price they are excellent guitars, but alas - I can't get over how fat of an ass they have. Their so big. . .
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
not much bigger than an actual gibby. probably the same tbh

agile guitars are actually pretty great. well, let me rephrase, the more expensive ones are.
Mine doesn't at all. Perfectly balanced.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by 00_hns_00
not much bigger than an actual gibby. probably the same tbh

agile guitars are actually pretty great. well, let me rephrase, the more expensive ones are.

They are acctually MUCH bigger than an actual Gibson, try fitting one into a regular sized hard shell case.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Les Paul Standards should NOT neck dive.

Les Paul SG's on the other hand... lol.
Quote by Vypor
They are acctually MUCH bigger than an actual Gibson, try fitting one into a regular sized hard shell case.

really? hmmm, i've never seen one side by side. they don't feel much bigger to me though.... hmmm.....
Quote by Duv
No, this is more of an SG problem.

If anything I tend to experience some body dive (if that's a real term) with my LP.

I get the same thing with my Axis. Its because of the positioning of the curve on the lower edge, its a bit too far towards the neck, so the body doesn't balance properly. There is more weight on the bridge side, and it won't sit right.
I have to play it in the classical position or its just uncomfortable.
^

Another issue...If playing sitting down I have my LP sat on my right leg, which is crossed over my left. Sometimes when I start to lean back/not lean forward anymore I find myself falling backwards under the weight of the guitar. It makes me chuckle and it must look really stupid.
I have no issues with either my SG or my Les Paul.

Our singer's Epihone '61 SG reissue/Les Paul Custom, however... a pain in the arse.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Duv
^

Another issue...If playing sitting down I have my LP sat on my right leg, which is crossed over my left. Sometimes when I start to lean back/not lean forward anymore I find myself falling backwards under the weight of the guitar. It makes me chuckle and it must look really stupid.

I agree with you about players who cross their legs when they play looking stupid.

The worst thing about the Agile lps is playing sitting down because the shortened horn slides off of my leg. Don't have the issue with my Gibson. Also to the guy who said that Agiles are bigger. You're dead wrong. They are virtually the same. I can swap my Agile into my Gibson case and Gibson into the Agile case no problem. Also my Agile 3100 doesn't neck dive.

The only popular guitar that I've heard of being neck heavy is the SG.
I have to continue to disagree, I have a Epi les Paul and my friend has one, and side by side comparing them the Agile is most certainly bigger. I know because I was trying to sell him my case that my guitar fit into just fine, and his was to wide, it was to wide by a couple inches. Its obvious if you look at pictures of them side by side on the rondo website.

Agile LPs have fat asses, I'm not knocking them- I even said their great guitars, because they are. I merely made the statement about my personal observation of the guitar.

Check out this page of LP's from Rondo music:
http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss7.html

And compare them to these Les Pauls -
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/search.jsp?question=les+paul
Quote by MonkeysHamlet

The worst thing about the Agile lps is playing sitting down because the shortened horn slides off of my leg.

This is kind of what I was afraid of. To me, just about any guitar is comfortable to play standing. Just is. It's sitting where I find the differences in comfort. For me, sitting in classical with my V's is the most comfy. I also find Explorers pretty comfy playing in right-leg-crossed-over-left rock position, but I feel like the Agile LP's or Eclipses would fall off my leg too. Guess I'll have to go try some in a guitar store this week!
The LP at my school does not have neck dive. Only when I play it Dave Mustaine-style.

ps: that's vertical.
Quote by Vypor
I have to continue to disagree, I have a Epi les Paul and my friend has one, and side by side comparing them the Agile is most certainly bigger. I know because I was trying to sell him my case that my guitar fit into just fine, and his was to wide, it was to wide by a couple inches. Its obvious if you look at pictures of them side by side on the rondo website.

Agile LPs have fat asses, I'm not knocking them- I even said their great guitars, because they are. I merely made the statement about my personal observation of the guitar.

Check out this page of LP's from Rondo music:
http://www.rondomusic.com/electricguitar-ss7.html

And compare them to these Les Pauls -
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/search.jsp?question=les+paul

Than Epiphones are different than Gibsons. I own an Agile and a Gibson. I just measured them and the widest point of the lower bout is 13" on each guitar. I did a bad job with the photo on the gibson but I assure you, if I had 3 hands and was able to fight off my kitten hold the tape measurer in the proper spot and shoot a photo you would see that its exactly 13".

Last edited by MonkeysHamlet at Jul 27, 2011,