Hello UG community! I am travelling to New York City next month and I want to buy a new guitar. I'm thinking about getting a Jackson King V JS32, but I don't know where to get one. I saw photos of different shops and they all have loads of Gibson, Fender guitars, but no Jackson's. Please help me, I would really appreciate it.

Sorry if I made mistakes in my writing, English is not my native language.
Last edited by agux987 at Jul 25, 2011,
Sorry, I corrected my mistake, it's New York City, I forgot.

Thank you very much 00_hns_00! That's very helpful!
I guess I should have visited Jackson's web page before posting.

Thanks again!
The Jackson website says that All the Guitar Centers carry them aswell as J&R Music and Street Sounds
Quote by Shinozoku
No, the guitar was built to play metal. Not pussy ass cowboy chords. They won't work on that guitar. Get a Gibson Hummingbird for that bullshit. .
UG'ers of Newfoundland
Sam Ash, 159 West 48th Street

Much better than Guitar Center
Last edited by Spud Spudly at Jul 25, 2011,
Try J&R Music on a weekday. The place will probably be empty so you can actually hear the guitar while you try it out.
If your willing to make a short drive http://www.themusiczoo.com/ deserves the business. Great place! More of a boutique shop than a Walmart of guitars. They are moving to a new store and they are selling inventory at big discounts.
Last edited by Finger Cramp at Jul 25, 2011,
Prob just a GC or any local guitar shops you come across in the city
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
There's a guitar center in Brooklyn (quick train ride) that's literally right outside the train station. It's at Atlantic and Pacific but just check on their website
Quote by Spud Spudly
Sam Ash, 159 West 48th Street

Much better than Guitar Center

not in my experience.

The guy at sam ash tried to convince me that the LTD EC-1000 is the same thing as the ESP Eclipse II

meantime at GC, the guys there sat me down with 2 ESP Eclipse II's and a gibson les paul studio while playing a 6505+ stack
i don't know much about esp tbh, so i'd have to say that there doesn't seem to be much difference between the ec-1000 and the eclipse II, except for the eclipse is made in a different country?
Quote by Seanthesheep
not in my experience.

The guy at sam ash tried to convince me that the LTD EC-1000 is the same thing as the ESP Eclipse II

meantime at GC, the guys there sat me down with 2 ESP Eclipse II's and a gibson les paul studio while playing a 6505+ stack

Luckily, not all stores are the same. The Sam Ash in NYC is pretty sweet. One of my managers used to be a manager there. He's the man.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
No matter where you go to buy make sure to go to the GC in Manhattan just to see the vintage guitars. Sometimes the stock gets nuts and they'll have a wall of 1950s Strats, Telecasters, and Les Pauls. I've been in there and seen so many vintage SGs at once that they were practically piled together. Of course, January is the best time to see the vintage room.
Quote by 00_hns_00
i don't know much about esp tbh, so i'd have to say that there doesn't seem to be much difference between the ec-1000 and the eclipse II, except for the eclipse is made in a different country?

The Eclcipse II is an ESP model while the EC-1000 is a LTD model. The ESP Eclipse II is double the price.
Quote by 3074326
Luckily, not all stores are the same. The Sam Ash in NYC is pretty sweet. One of my managers used to be a manager there. He's the man.

but im talking about the GC and sam ash in NYC too