so in the wake of my acoustic being getting cracked the day after i got it, guitar center sent me the money i payed for it back to me in the form of a gift card and let me keep the completely fine and playable acoustic.. thank you pro coverage! so i set out yesterday to find some used stuff but ended coming home with some New stuff.

INTRODUCING!!!

a Jet city picovalve AND an MXR dyna comp! waahoooo!!!

i know i wanted an amp that was totally different from the one i have and this one gives exactly what i need. so here is the review

features: 5/2 watt selectable, 4,8,16 ohm selection, tube complement is 1 6l6gc and 2 12ax7 tubes. no bias required and it can operate on any power tube which is pretty cool. standard eq controls bass/mid/treb. preamp gain control and master volume.
bright switch

sound: on 5 watt mode its actually pretty loud when the volume is about half way up. with the all the amp controls at noon the amp is nice and crunchy and it has a fair amount of sustain. the overall tonal character of the amp is darker but the bright switch and some proper equalizing helps out a lot. with the gain dimed you can get into some early metal sounds what comes to mind is "neon knights" style tones. with a boost you can easily get into some pretty good metal tones but its nowhere near the gain and clarity you need for modern metal. plus this amp wasn't built for that. its mainly a rock/hard rock style amp which is what i wanted. on 2 watt mode the amp takes on a super dark character which is a bit of a letdown but equalizing and the bright switch really help out. with the master dimed on the 2 watt mode it gets pretty loud for 2 watts. you can get a very usable clean tone on the amp but like the rest of the tones it is a bit dark. i'm sure with the right tubes in it you can get it to shine.

overall impression: i like it. i mean i cant complain it was $165 usd. its a nice tonal contrast to my blue voodoo and the fact that i can throw different tubes in it to mess around is cool. its a perfect recording amp and i can see myself using it quite a bit. to me the tube swapping idea is cool and i could spend a lot of time just messing around trying to make different tones. its built quite well, its solid and well built. the only downside to it is the 12 screws you have to remove to get the top piece off.

MXR dyna comp: its a compressor and it works quite well. ive never had a compressor before and i figured i could always give one a try. and this one makes quite a difference in my clean tone. i have always loved the clean tone on prince's purple rain, and now with my compressor and my super chorus i can nail that tone.
that's all i wanted out of it and i got it so im beyond pleased. now im gonna mess with it some more to see what else i can do with it.

essentially i paid for the pedal and pro coverage the amp was taken care of with the gift card. so with a new pro coverage plan and paying for the pedal i walked out of GC with paying only 84 bucks. pretty sweet deal in my opinion.

now PICTURES!!!!
Attachments:
pico1.jpg
heads.jpg
mxr.jpg
boardshot.jpg
pico2.jpg
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
HNSD!! Ive always been interested in the picovalve. They seem like solid little amps
thanks everyone! ill try and get some clips up soon.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

I had alot of fun playing around with one of those at the GC......HNSD
thanks! i cant believe the price that GC was letting these go at. its practically stealing the amp for what they are asking.
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

HNSD man!
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
thank you thank you!

ill do some clips when im done with this paper....college takes all the fun out of new stuff days
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board