I'm going to attempt to learn Andy Mckee's rylynn.

My guitar is in standard tuning and i need to change it to E C D G A D. Also there is a capo on some of the strings in this song.

how do i tune my guitar? Do i tune it to e c d g a d then put on the capo or put on the capo first then tune it?

Most importantly, how do i even tune it to e c d g a d. i dont want to eff my guitar up.

yes, i know i don't know anyhing lol
Leave 6th string like that
Tune 5th string from A to C (up one tone and a half)
leave 4th string and 3rd as well
2nd string tune it down from A to B
1st string tune it down from E to D (1 tone)
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
i treid to tune it but the 5th string jumps from b to d. also, the peg starts coming out a bit...
up meaning sharp and down meaning flat right?

Yes.

i treid to tune it but the 5th string jumps from b to d.

I find it hard to believe that the string jumps a tone and a half.

also, the peg starts coming out a bit...

By 'peg' do you mean bridge pin?
i was using a tuner and it said b so in order to make it c, i turned it until the needle got past b sharp. then there was a d.

also, i cant play cause i have a reg capo. i thought the normal one would work casue i had used it on another guitar before..

is there another song that i can attempt to play? something classical or something like rylyn-soothing flowy melody? yeah not the best description

im not too good but its ok to suggest a hard one

all i can find is canon lmao, romance
I think the reason it jumped from B up to D is that you don't have a tuner that's chromatic. If you just have a tuner set to pick up the tones standard tuning, you're going to run into some problems.

Not only for the sake of this, but a lot of help in the years to come, invest in a good chromatic tuner. Whether it be clip-on, table top, or otherwise.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
Not only for the sake of this, but a lot of help in the years to come, invest in a good chromatic tuner.

This.

is there another song that i can attempt to play? something classical or something like rylyn-soothing flowy melody? yeah not the best description

Andy's 'For My Father' is in the same tuning, is easier than Rylynn and is played with full capo on the third fret.
Last edited by tom183 at Jul 26, 2011,